exDurbanites in Perth

long4sa

Hi Everyone,

I love this site! It makes my heart fill with joy just scrolling though and reading everyones stories and comments... We were members on this site for a short while last year, then I had a bit of a dive, emotionally, & hated the world... But I've survived & am "back" with a new lease on life, although I must admit I still miss "home" sooooooo much... I am the typical basket-case who is trying so hard to make Aus. home but still long for what I left behind. I am so happy to be back on the site & want to say a big thank you for this little "life line"!

We have been in Perth since we landed in April 2006, my hubby & kids all love it here! I am only NOW begining to see how wonderful life is here and am only now starting to enjoy my new found freedom.

My hubby is a Refrigeration/Air Con mechanic and I work as a lecturer's assistant in Midland. We have 5 children here with us and had to leave our older 2 back in SA...... :(:thumbdown:

We are in the midst of applying for our PR, it's taken us this long as I was still so unsure if this is really what I wanted. Please note I tend to say "I" quite a bit, and that is when I realised that I needed to do this for our 5 children........... Initially that was the whole reason for coming over, then I forgot about that reason and focused on me......... Quite selfish at the time, I know....

Anyway, we are so hoping that our PR goes through without any hiccups, we have had our fair share of those, and ultimately, we want to get our last 2 remaining children over after that! Well that is what we were told how to do things anyway.

So a big hello to all and I hope this is the begining of a wonderful e-friendship...

Regards,

Sharon

Hi SHaron,

My husband and I are also from Durban, we will have been here 4 weeks next week. We will be staying in Embleton which in near Bayswater.

PM us if you would like to get in touch.

Candice

Hi Sharon

Welcome back, you sound so positive now I just know you are going to be fine.

Linda

Hi Sharon,

I'm so glad you're feeling more upbeat now. So often our success or failure depends on our mindset! Good on you for sticking it out and putting your family first - you're a good mom!

zorba