Hi there all

Gecko

Hi all

Im Tracy, mom to 2 girls (15 months and 4 months) we are in the process of getting our bum in gear and wanting to go over to NZ or Oz.

My husband is going over in March to look for a job and in the meantime, Im packing everything up and putting everything in storage until we know whats happening in our lives (this is the biggest risk we have ever taken, I just hope it works out!)

Anyway - our best friends are in Sydney and my SIL is in NZ so at least we will have loved ones in either place.

Any advice is VERY MUCH welcomed :)

I look forward to chatting to you all :blush:

Hi and welcome, I am sure you will find all the info that you need and even more so, moral support It is a risk, but in our case and for many others it has been worth it.

Where to go is a difficult question! We went to a remote place where we knew no-one and it was hard for a while, you feel like a duck out of water at first, but I found the Aussies to be very accepting of immigrants and when you have kids it makes it easier to meet people and get involved in the community.

Gee, I see your kids are not even a year apart! You must have your hands full! All the best!

Thanks Jeanne :)

So much to do, so little time LOL

Personally I would love to go to Sydney to be close to our friends there and weather etc, but at this stage it seems to be easier to get into NZ, so it just all depends on where hubby finds a job.

Hi Tracy

Welcome to the forum.

My advice right now would be to read, read, read! And then read some more!

You'll find loads of info here if you just trawl through previous posts.

Another site you need to look at is www.immi.gov.au - the Aus government immigration site. They have plenty of info as well as downloadable booklets, checklists, different visa options etc.

Good luck with it!

Leigh

Hi Gecko

Welcome, it seems like you guys only recently decided to make the move. Best of luck and know that there will always be support and help available from the forum. I agree with Leigh, read and read. Most of us are more or less in the same boat although the shape of the boat and time it takes to get there might be different. :)

Karina

Edited by KarinaPer

Hi Tracy and welcome

We have decided to leave in December and go to Sydney.I wish you luck.You are lucky to have the friends there.

This site is great ,stay in touch

BB

Thanks all :blink:

Hi Gecko

Welcome, it seems like you guys only recently decided to make the move.

Karina

Nope - we decided about 2 years ago, but something always happened that made us postpone the plans (like falling pregnant!! LOL) but this is why we are going this route now, to get our bums in gear otherwise we will never end up going :D LOL

Welcome to forum - IMHO you have found the best place for all the info and the support you will need for a move of this magnitude !

All the best with your plans,

mmmmm, I think I know you. Welcome to this forum. It helped me a lot when we decided to make the move.

mmmmm, I think I know you. Welcome to this forum. It helped me a lot when we decided to make the move.

Spit it out then :ilikeit: From where?

You really don't know? I know I'm scarce on BM but I thought everyone there knew that I moved to Aus.

We've never met but I followed both your pregnancies there. And I've posted after we got to Aus.

You really don't know? I know I'm scarce on BM but I thought everyone there knew that I moved to Aus.

We've never met but I followed both your pregnancies there. And I've posted after we got to Aus.

LOL - I thought so, but I wasnt toooooo sure :) "Hiya" *waves* :ilikeit:

Congrats on getting your container BTW :lol:

Hiya. Thanks, we had a very busy long weekend unpacking.

Is your husband going to look for a job only in Sydney or other places too? What work does he and you do?

Hiya. Thanks, we had a very busy long weekend unpacking.

Is your husband going to look for a job only in Sydney or other places too? What work does he and you do?

Hes actually going to NZ first and if he dosnt think there is much hope there after about 2 weeks, then hes flying over to OZ to look there. So basicly both places. It just all depends on where he finds a job and if he finds a job. Hes an IT Manager and Im not looking for a job yet :ilikeit: Im still very happy being with my girls at home for now - maybe in a year or 2 (or if we have to) I will start looking for a job for myself :)

Oh ok. Its probably a good idea to stay at home with the girls. Daycare costs in Aus is terribly high. We are paying over $2000 a month for my two.

Good luck with everything.

Oh ok. Its probably a good idea to stay at home with the girls. Daycare costs in Aus is terribly high. We are paying over $2000 a month for my two.

Good luck with everything.

May I contact you if I have any questions in the future about relocating etc - would you mind?