Suddenly Local is Lekker

Biker

Question

9 answers to this question

The title of the article is misleading. As they even mention in the article, a lot of people are returning because they have no choice, not because they want to.

I think that this is a bit misleading as a lot of times it refers to young south africans who are coming back from the UK. Many young SA's go for a gap year to the UK but do not intend to stay and are often not very skilled. They return to study etc. I know of a few who have come abck a bit early. BUT the families i know, like us, who have left for good have not returned. And i have a lot of friends and family overseas (Australia, UK, Canada, Ireland and New Zealand).

Just my 2c?

Al

The thing with these articles is that they dont say where the people are returning from, as we all know youngsters after finishing matric like to go to the UK for a working holiday. We know the UK are feeling the pressure so my guess is that those are the people returning.

Yet again the power of spin

I imagine that if Australia and RSA were to enter into a reciprocal working holiday program, that the majority of young South Africans would be heading to Australia and not London anyway.

All I can say is.... so what if they are returning or if the article is MISLEADING?

It's a personal choice...

If Saffers want to return to SA... it's there right... if they choose to stay in Oz... SO WHAT....

Out of every 20 Saffers that emigrate... 3 return...

My 1c worth.

joefromsa

It's all media hype...

For the 3 out of 20 Saffers leaving Aus, only 50% return to SA funny enough.

The recession is world wide and I dont think we can escape from it no matter where we are.

Also that one comment re the Oz immigration is not 100% correct as we know what they are doing so "cutting" immigration is not exactly the truth.

I work in the shipping industry in SA and I can tell you things are BAD :ilikeit: worldwide.

Edited by Smartie

You guys did read somewhere in there they mention 'home coming revolution'.

I think they are the foreign contingent of the ANC propaganda machine *grin*