Meeting People

pamandmarci

We are looking to meet people in our area or surroundings, are there any? We live in Maroubra, Eastern Suburbs of Sydney. Are there any coffee clubs or get togethers. My partner works 6 days a week, and I spend so much time on my own. So instead of getting all grumpy and wanting to go home all the time...looking for something to do. Any suggestions are grateful. :ilikeit:

I am too far from Sydney, so can't help much there!

Have you thought about a part-time job or voluntary work?

Swimming Instructor, teachers aide, TAFE course etc.

It can be hard to meet people, I have been in Moranbah for 5 months and got a coffee invite from a school Mum this morning- first one- I was garralous, she might have thought I was a bit of a nutter- but I so enjoyed speaking to a grown-up!

Boosted ne no end.

Good luck, hope something positive comes up.

I have no idea how far away you live, but send me a PM and maybe we can arrange a get together.

Send me a PM with your contact details. We have a large dinner club going in Sydney (95% South Africans / Namibians), marrieds/partnereds and singles. You will meet lots of new people, guarenteed!

Pamandmarci There is a great group of woman Hillsong Sisterhood http://www2.hillsong.com/women/home.asp that meet on a Thursday morning at 9:30am at 188 Young Street Waterloo Phone: 8853 5353. The people are pretty down to earth and extremely welcoming and embracing. You don’t need to be the churchy type. They pretty much break the norm. The women meet for a cuppa & chat. You bound to meet women from all walks of life and have a wonderful opportunity to make new friends. They also have a number of community programs running and if you interested you possibly could volunteer to help.

Have you popped into your local community and library center? They usually have a notice board with all the community activities on. Also have a look at your local newspaper and in some of the instances your local council could be on the ball and provide a list of activities that are available in your area. Personally I would say that your best bet would be the library and the community center if you not interested in the Hillsong Siterhood. I would at least give it one shot nothing ventured is usually nothing gained.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the help and quick response...xx

Edited by pamandmarci

Hi Andrea

I do work for a physio full time, sorry, didnt notice that it sounded like I wasnt working.

Funny, we were in Brisbane in early Jan with Marci's school friend that she hadnt seen in 25 years. Brisbane is wonderful, once we have our permanent residence, we would love to move there. Gold coast is stunning as well.

Anyway, this is more response to two adds posted today than ive had in 10 months. Im sure something will come of it.

Thanks again

• 1 month later...
Hi Andrea

I do work for a physio full time, sorry, didnt notice that it sounded like I wasnt working.

Funny, we were in Brisbane in early Jan with Marci's school friend that she hadnt seen in 25 years. Brisbane is wonderful, once we have our permanent residence, we would love to move there. Gold coast is stunning as well.

Anyway, this is more response to two adds posted today than ive had in 10 months. Im sure something will come of it.

Thanks again

Hi

Never have to look to far to find a fellow Saffer. I'm also here in Maroubra and as soon as I can figure out how this forum and stuff works we can make a plan to meet for coffee . There is a few people from South Africa working with me aswell just a round the corner. I've been here since September and it has been lonely at times , but I'm thinking if there is two of us it can only make things easy . Let me see if I can send you a PM.

• 4 months later...
Send me a PM with your contact details. We have a large dinner club going in Sydney (95% South Africans / Namibians), marrieds/partnereds and singles. You will meet lots of new people, guarenteed!

Hi Jannie,

I was so glad to see your post...my husband and I would love to be part of a dinner club in Sydney...How do we go about to be invited? I'm a bit homesick and would love to make new friends...

Thanks

• 11 months later...

Hi Janine

Does the dinner club still run im also homesick would love to meet up.

Hi Janine

Does the dinner club still run im also homesick would love to meet up.

Yip, still going. PM Jannie on the forum.