New and stressed out already!

Leahjuliet

Hi

I have been reading the forum for a few weeks now but only now am posting. We submitted our application for a 176 with sponsorship from WA at the end of November by eVisa the end of November. We are hopeful that we may have a case officer by the middle of Feb according to the changes in prioritising. We did medicals on 11 Dec which I think means we will have to enter by 10 Dec 2009? This is before the end of the school year which is not ideal!! It would be v costly to enter with 2 adults and 2 children and then come back a few months later!! Am starting to wish we delayed the medicals but the electronic document check list asked for them within 28 days. After reading this forum I think maybe we should have waited!!

We are making lists of things to do, letters to write etc. Both me and my husband are finding it v stressful. It is difficult enough to do the application but the waiting and planning is almost worse! We also have not told many people we are planning to go and am not looking forward to responses from some people!

Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

Don't stress too much about the medical's date - often the date these are finalised is the date you need to validate by (dependent on your police clearance date too of course). I've noticed that the validate by date is sometimes a bit of pot luck, so you don't always have control over this.

This is a very stressful time. All the best.

Best of luck with the application etc!

We are making lists of things to do, letters to write etc. Both me and my husband are finding it v stressful.

Hi and welcome,

Try this link for a list -

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showtopic=9251

Good luck with the process

Jordy

Welcome to the forum. It is very stressful but this forum will keep you sane. Hope to see you at our coffee clubs.

Welcome to the forum from an ex-Durbanite !!

The entire process of moving to another country is extremely stressful - you'll be glad you found this place. Especially when you tell people in SA you have decided to leave for Australia - we will support you 100%.

Good luck with the plans.

Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

Don't stress too much about the medical's date - often the date these are finalised is the date you need to validate by (dependent on your police clearance date too of course). I've noticed that the validate by date is sometimes a bit of pot luck, so you don't always have control over this.

This is a very stressful time. All the best.

Thanks Nazba. Can you explain further what you mean by "the date you need to validate by" does this mean the date they receive the medical or what?

Have looked up the long list of things to do as suggested. Would not have thought about the TV licence etc!!

Appreciate all moral support as well. I find it hard that so many friends don't know we are even thinking of going (when we have lodged visa and are planning best time to go already!) I almost feel dishonest around them!

Hello and welcome!

Lots of luck with it all... at least you can share the stress-load here with us all! :blush:

Leigh

Our medical was on 4/7/08. Police clearance was after that.

Our validation had to be by 31/7/09 (initial entry to stamp passport)

Our visa expires on 3/10/2013 (final entry after validation)

As you can see the dates are not exactly 1 year after the medical. Ours is one year plus a few days. This means that yours may be 31/12 which will be after school closes. Don't stress now. Wait and see what date they give you and then deal with it.

This whole process is stressful so try not to stress about the things you can't change.

Hi

I have been reading the forum for a few weeks now but only now am posting. We submitted our application for a 176 with sponsorship from WA at the end of November by eVisa the end of November. We are hopeful that we may have a case officer by the middle of Feb according to the changes in prioritising. We did medicals on 11 Dec which I think means we will have to enter by 10 Dec 2009? This is before the end of the school year which is not ideal!! It would be v costly to enter with 2 adults and 2 children and then come back a few months later!! Am starting to wish we delayed the medicals but the electronic document check list asked for them within 28 days. After reading this forum I think maybe we should have waited!!

We are making lists of things to do, letters to write etc. Both me and my husband are finding it v stressful. It is difficult enough to do the application but the waiting and planning is almost worse! We also have not told many people we are planning to go and am not looking forward to responses from some people!

Hi there,

I am not going to tell you not to stress, or that everything will be smooth sailing! But what I can say is that we have been here almost 3 years, my gosh even just saying that is stressful, but what I can tell you is DON'T GIVE UP!

Hang in there, always keep in mind WHY you are doing this, don't loose focus of that!

I did and I went through emotional hell, to say the least, it is going to get way more stressful before it gets any easier, but please, hang in there. This site is full of wonderful caring people who know exactly how you feel and what you are going through.

Take care and shout if you need any advise, I am sure you will receive tons... Which does make it easier, don't try and do it alone like I did...

:(

Sharon

Im so new to this, so please forgive my stupid questions, but how long does the visa process take? By the sounds of it, over a year? Why so long?