Migration & Child Custody

Hi all!

I wonder if anybody can offer some info - I will be migrating in Feb 07 to Perth :ilikeit::unsure: with my daughter :thumbdown:, of whom I have custody. Her father and I have entered into a settlement agreement which entitles me to do so, however this agreement has been made an order of the court in SA and it is a requirement that I also lodge the agreement with the Australian Courts (SA and Aus have a reciprocal agreement i.t.o. the Hague Convention).

Does anybody know how I go about doing this in Aus and what sort of cost would be involved? Has anybody been in a similar situation, where a child is shared with an ex-husband/wife remaining in SA?

Many thanks,

Lee

Guest Bronwyn

Sorry Lee, I won't be much help as my step-son is remaining in S. Africa with his mom. We did have to submit a copy of his custody arrangements to our Visa assessor.

If no-one knows, maybe it's time to consult one of the professionals on the forum who is a lawyer experienced in this type of thing?

Good luck with it.

Bronwyn

Hi Lee,

I found these contact details for you - maybe they can point you into the right direction - or even provide you with all the details & forms etc:

Family Court National Enquiry Centre

Phone 1300 352 000

Email enquiries@familylawcourts.gov.au

Fax 02 8892 8585

Family Law Council

Robert Garran Offices, National Circuit

BARTON, ACT, 2600

Tel: 02 6234 4829

Fax: 02 6234 4811

Email: flc@ag.gov.au

Alternatively you can log onto www.weblaw.edu.au and search "family law". Sorry I can not be of any more help. :unsure: Hope you find the answers! (Will you keep us informed?) Good luck with everything! :ilikeit:

Hi there!

Thanks so much for your assistance - I will most definitely get in touch with the authorities and provide feedback. It amazes me each time I pose a question, what a wealth of information you and this site is.

Many thanks

Lee