Dunsburough, Margaret River and Augusta WA

Jordy

We just got back from a holiday in the South of Western Australia. We toured from Busselton through Dunsborough, Margaret River to Augusta. What a stunningly beautiful country this is. Google Map it if you don't know where it is.

The whole region is wine country so very much like Stellenbosch. Of the whole region we thought Dunsborough was the most beautiful and almost perfect in setting. It has to be the neatest town I have ever been through.

I wonder how many people miss out on this region in the LSD's because of the distance from Perth. If anyone is looking for what appears to be a dream quiet life in a perfect land, consider adding this area to your trip.

http://www.breakloose.com.au/html/adventur...dunsborough.php

We lived in Dunsborough for the past 6 months. (Had to move away last week :ilikeit:) Lots of people from Perth came down in Dec. It is really great for those in Perth because it is only a 3 hr drive. Fantastic beaches! It was the best experience ever, I loved every minute of it, great weather and the most amazing scenery.

That's our no.1 place to look at on our LSD in 3 weeks time! Hubby want to surf Yallingup and we loved the look of Dunsborough to live in, we like the quiet life!

Tyde you will love it, and there is so much that you can do with the family that won't even cost a cent, fantastic place to raise the kids. Enjoy it! Fishing is great, we had fresh fish a few times a week that hubby caught.

Check out these photos that i took recently. They are completely unedited, that is really the colour of the sea!

http://photobucket.com/Dunsborough_Yallingup_Injidup

Edited by Jeanne

It looks absolutley breathtaking! That sounds just up Ty's alley - he surfs, fishes, surf ski's and dives almost all the time! Luckily we are not bound to any place in particular because he works offshore and has to travel every few months. Looks beautiful and I can't wait to go! 3 more weeks.....

We also like the Dunsborough beaches.....(spent a lovely day there few weeks ago with Jeanne and family before they moved).

Tomorrow we are off to visit Margaret River for the first time.

G'day mates!

We've been in WA for almost a year and yet to see that side of WA but planning to do it during the April holiday. Any good/reasonable accommodation (self catering) down there that anyone can recommend?

Hi All

I also thought that Margaret River and surroundings were prime holiday spots, until I went a bit further south to Albany and Denmark. Much more affordable accommodation, better wines and much - much more to do and see. The Treetop-walk and giant trees, as well as beautiful beaches (Greens Pool, Frenchmen's Bay) and the Stirling Mountains. I have included Wave Rock in my itinerary. Albany is only 4 hours drive from Perth. Not recommended in winter.

We stayed at Siesta Park holiday Chalets which are just outside of Dunsborough when we first arrived, it is neat and tidy and was very reasonably priced. There are prefab chalets which I won't recommend, rather go for the brick hideaway chalets. This is between Dunsborough and Busselton. Right on the beach.

Why don't you stay at a few places, say starting at somewhere like Siesta park and work your way down the coastline to Albany and Denmark, like Bloubul suggested, and spend a day or 2 at each place. And do not go past the Fudge and Honeycomb shop in Margaret river without buying something! 2DIE4!

Why don't you stay at a few places, say starting at somewhere like Siesta park and work your way down the coastline to Albany and Denmark, like Bloubul suggested, and spend a day or 2 at each place.

That's exactly what I had in mind. 2/3 days in the Margaret River area and then down to Albany for 4/5 days. Now on that. Any suggestions on accommodation in Albany?

Edited by Almost Aussie