Got a job at last

Joeemm

Hi all

It has been a while since I posted a note, been a bit hectic trying to find a job for almost 4 mnths. But yesterday I finally got a great offer. Starting Wednesday ! Working for AGR Matthey, a gold refinery in Perth. Shew that's a relief, I just thought I'd share the joy :ilikeit: and encourage all the people who are in the same place, don't loose focus guys, hang in there and eventually something will come along.

Not to say this is my ideal job, but its close enough, get some Oz experience and who knows how I'll feel a year from now. Recon it can only be good from here. Hey what am I saying its been good since we landed actually :-)

By the way, if anyone is keen to try an unusual sport, why not come try Underwater Hockey in Belmont Leisure Centre (Abernathy road Belmont, Perth) on Monday evenings, the guys are very friendly and beginners are really welcome, they will supply fins and masks and sticks etc. Beginners from about 6:45pm . If anyone's keen just leave a post and I'll mail details

Chat soon

Underwater hockey, huh?

How many drinks does it take to play that game?? :ilikeit:

Oh, and before I forget . . . congrats on getting a job!

Edited by Bob

Hi Bob

Well actually I wouldn't recommend drinking before playing, you have to hold your breath and being tipsy doesn't help the co-ord :ilikeit: Aussie ladies are current World Champs, SA is about 4 th in the world I think

Check out the site http://www.auf.com.au/HTML/underwater_hockey.htm

Keeps you really, really fit I can tell you :unsure:

Congrats on the job!!! Yay!!! (Just when you thought you were drowning... :ilikeit: )

Congrats on the job. It's nice to 'see' that you are fitting in, and getting to know people. Good on ya, mate! :ilikeit:

Greetings,

Dreamy

Congrats with the job! :ilikeit:

Maybe one of the moderators can start a poll (hint hint) :unsure: on how long it takes to find a job. And maybe someone can explain why it usually takes a few weeks to find employment for those who come without walking into a job opportunity.

We found that there is a lenghy process involved when applying for jobs from within Australia. It is not strange to go for one or two interviews with the same recruitment agent and then 1 or 2 more with a prospective employer. And then there is usually more than one agent and employer to see. Phew, it's exhausting on the nerves. In IT it took my husband around a month to secure a position. Thanks.

Edited by Sam

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Joeemm,

Well done boet! Things are so much better once you secure that job.

Now on another topic........when they said you need to prove yourself and work hard down under, they were generally refering to Australia........they didn't mean down under in the swimming pool, boet! You Johies blokes always get it wrong.........

BUGger :ilikeit: