Salaries across Australia

Mara

Now that's very interesting - and I'm sure very helpful to those who receive job offers and do not know how it compares! Even ppl only thinking about emigrating and wondering what their salary would be in Aus.. :ilikeit:

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

No problem, JTC!

Below is Robert Walters' 2007 salary survey for Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. Covers Accounting & Finance, Business Support, Engineering & Operations, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology and Secretarial & Support

No problem, JTC!

Hi Mara, I didn't get a chance to look at it in more detail - just went straight to hubbies profession to see what the average salary is. Do you know if these figures are before or after tax and if after tax what percentage should we look at? Hubby is a plumber.

Thanks

JTC

They are before tax...it would depend on what hubby earns, but if you go to www.ato.gov.au you will be able to calculate his tax there.

They are before tax...it would depend on what hubby earns, but if you go to www.ato.gov.au you will be able to calculate his tax there.

Thanks Mara, you are an angel!!! :ph34r: JTC

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I would like to ask artisans ( especially instrument makers) that live in OZ, how would you compare living standards/buying power there to here. Can you enjoy life on your kind of salary or do you also have to look at every penny? Besides leaving SA because of the crime and a grim future are you as an artisan better off there, or are you also looked upon as a 2nd class citizen? Do both parents have to work to survive on a artisan salary?

What do they call precision instrument maker there, we are struggling to look under this description for further info.

Alexandra

• 1 month later...

How much salary do we need for me, my husband and our 2 year old son to start off in Ararat and what amount of money must we take with for a start, if someone can help, we are going with a 457 VISA. PLEASE HELP :P

Hi Stiena

You do not say if the company sponsoring you will provide initial accommodation, but for the rest here are some ideas, they are just guesses though, please remember that! As for salary, that is a difficult one, as I have no idea how you live, but if you are willing to accept battling a bit, you should be able to get by with around $50,000 per year with just one of you working, this is for Ararat, as accommodation is cheaper there. Just remember that you will have to pay visitor's medical aid, which could set you back $400 per month. On $50,000 you would pay approx $9600 tax which will leave you with a net figure of $40400 per year, divided by 52 = $776-92 per week. On $60,000 you would pay $12600 tax. Now perhaps you can do the rest of the sums.

Deposit for house 4 x weekly rent $1000

Two weeks rent up front $500

Weekly rent thereafter $250

If you need telephone line installed $200 fee

Electricity $100 per month

Gas $50 per month

Water $50 per month

Electricity, gas and water depends on the size of house and the appliances.

Second hand car about $5000 to $8000

Initial grocery shop $300 to $400

If you are not bringing any furniture, probably about $5000 to buy the most essential stuff, beds, fridge, washing machine, lounge suite and dining room set. You would have to shop around at this price, but of course you could also buy 2nd hand stuff.

There were cheaper houses than the $250 I quoted, I just used that as an average. Check the following website for rental homes:

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsear...;p=30&o=def

How much salary do we need for me, my husband and our 2 year old son to start off in Ararat and what amount of money must we take with for a start, if someone can help, we are going with a 457 VISA. PLEASE HELP :blink:

Hi Stiena

We are in Ballarat it is about 90 km from Ararat, if your furniture is on its way and you dont have to buy that here I would say you would need about $10000 dollars to start of with, pay bond and rent and food, there are a lot of unforseen expenses so it is better to make sure you have money for incase. a Salary of about $50 000 to $60 000 will be fine for a family of 3, (dan sluit dit nie luukshede in nie). All the best for you and family, please contact us if you want some more info, we wont be far from each other, when are you planning to arrive in Ararat?

Linda

Hier is ook so paar kostes wat ons gehad het die afgelope maand of 2 in Australia.

Klein apartment, nie studio met 2 slaapkamers fully furnished in Stad in Brisbane

huur bond $1140

4 weke huur $1140

Medibank with excess

medies $355.7

telefoon/internet

telephone line connection $54

telephone line rental $29.87

intenet access $63

gas/electricity $27.65

usage 128kwh @ 14.81 18.96

motor +- $3000 - hang af wat jy wil koop. Onthou net die prys van motor sluit nie alles in nie. Jy moet CTP en Rego kry.

trein kaartjies

zone 1 maand $76.8 per persoon

Zone 1 is nie baie groot in Brisbane nie, dit is maar meer vir stads gebruik.

Petrol prys in Brisbane

cheap Tuesday $1.35 per liter

Vodafone

selfone $29 per persoon

Mens moet net nie vergeet van die 4 weke huur wat jy vooruit moet betaal, natuurlik nie altyd hang net af wanneer jy begin werk etc. Ons moes dit vooruit betaal want ek het eers maand na ons geland het begin werk.

Hoop hierdie help iemand.

Edited by Martinp
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

thanks for the salary survey info, very informative.

do you have any idea if a family of 3 can survive on about $50 000.00 a year?

We would need to rent a fully furnished apartment and put our 2 year old son into creche.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jackie

Hi Jackie

You will at least have to tell us which city you are heading for.

$50,000 per annum will equate to $961-54 per week on which you should pay $186 tax which would leave you a net amount of $775-54 per week.

To rent fully furnished accommodation in Melbourne for instance would set you back around $700 to $1000 per week, a lot of money. On your earnings you can not afford to do that.

You could rent a 2-bed unfurnished place for around $250 (in various areas). Better to rent unfurnished and progressively buy the bits that you need, or await your container, if you are sending one. You may also be able to secure shared accommodation, but with a child, I am not sure how easy that would be.

To put your son into fulltime creche would cost you around $250 per week, sorry, I do not have young kids, so this amount may be disputed by those that know better. My understanding is that fulltime care costs $50 per day.

If you are both going to work, then surely your annual income would exceed $50,000 per annum?

• 1 year later...
Hi Jackie

You will at least have to tell us which city you are heading for.

$50,000 per annum will equate to $961-54 per week on which you should pay $186 tax which would leave you a net amount of $775-54 per week.

To rent fully furnished accommodation in Melbourne for instance would set you back around $700 to $1000 per week, a lot of money. On your earnings you can not afford to do that.

You could rent a 2-bed unfurnished place for around $250 (in various areas). Better to rent unfurnished and progressively buy the bits that you need, or await your container, if you are sending one. You may also be able to secure shared accommodation, but with a child, I am not sure how easy that would be.

To put your son into fulltime creche would cost you around $250 per week, sorry, I do not have young kids, so this amount may be disputed by those that know better. My understanding is that fulltime care costs $50 per day.

If you are both going to work, then surely your annual income would exceed $50,000 per annum?

Anyone have an idea what the new minimum salaries scales are for the whole of Australia state by state?

I had one that I got from the immi website but cant find the link or the document anymore.

Hi Paul, unfortunately I am not sure that I understand your question correctly.

If you are after the minimum wages paid, state by state, in Australia...then you are probably talking about award wages...if that is the case, then here is a link.

http://www.fwa.gov.au/index.cfm?pagename=a...nd#modernawards

If you are after a comparison of wages, then here is a link.

http://www.roberthalf.com.au/salary-guides...CFRXfegodxX9Wjg

If, however, you are after the minimum wages for a 457 visa, then here is a link.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/457-market-salary-rates.htm

Hope that among the above your question has been answered.

Hi Paul, unfortunately I am not sure that I understand your question correctly.

If you are after the minimum wages paid, state by state, in Australia...then you are probably talking about award wages...if that is the case, then here is a link.

http://www.fwa.gov.au/index.cfm?pagename=a...nd#modernawards

If you are after a comparison of wages, then here is a link.

http://www.roberthalf.com.au/salary-guides...CFRXfegodxX9Wjg

If, however, you are after the minimum wages for a 457 visa, then here is a link.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/457-market-salary-rates.htm

Hope that among the above your question has been answered.

thanks

• 3 years later...

Does anyone know where to get information regarding salaries for artisan jobs such as tiling, bricklaying ?

Look up/request the Hays salary guide. I found my occupation and information relating to my field in there.

• Mara unpinned this topic