MEDICALS IN SA

chalmers family

I recently read on the immi website that you have to get medicals done at certain hospitals which the Aus government recommends - is this true?

I live in Nelspruit, Mpumalanga and the nearest center which they suggest is in Joberg. This is crazy!

We have a medi-clinic in Nelspruit, would this not suffice?

Can anyone tell me the cost implications involved with the medicals?

J

It's true. You have to get your x-rays and medicals done by australian approved doctors. I would recommend calling a doctor on the list and ask him if he can doe the x-rays and medicals on the same day, will save you time and money.

Sorry only saw the second question afterwards. You are looking at about R 800 i think. If I can remember.

Yes, you have to go via the dr's they mention on the site....and it's not deductable from medical aid....we did ours in december and it cost about R2400 for two of us (medicals and xrays incl) and a extra R330 to curier them to Aus.

Don;t do your medicals till near the end as they expire in 12 months and if you only get your visa in about 12 months, you will have to do your medicals again before you can enter aus...sadly we only discovered this while sitting in the waiting room after the medicals was done...we did ours in cape town and the lady at the counter said they have 70 people per day doing xrays for Aus!!!!!

I recently read on the immi website that you have to get medicals done at certain hospitals which the Aus government recommends - is this true?

I live in Nelspruit, Mpumalanga and the nearest center which they suggest is in Joberg. This is crazy!

We have a medi-clinic in Nelspruit, would this not suffice?

Can anyone tell me the cost implications involved with the medicals?

J

List of Panel Doctors, which are the only ones you're allowed to use: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/s...nel-doctors.htm

Make yourself ready for a cost of R2400, which should be covered by your medical aid, and about R400 to courier it to Aus, if I remember correctly.

Don't do you Medicals or Police Clearance until required by your CO.

List of Panel Doctors, which are the only ones you're allowed to use: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/s...nel-doctors.htm

Make yourself ready for a cost of R2400, which should be covered by your medical aid, and about R400 to courier it to Aus, if I remember correctly.

Don't do you Medicals or Police Clearance until required by your CO.

Medicals for Aus are not covered by medical aid... well not by Discovery anyway