Baggage

Brick

Hi there

A quick question.

If I book through Qantas and get 40kg's Does Jetstar carry that on? I will be flying Jhb - Sydney with Qantas and the Sydney to Hobart on Jetstar.

Those who flew to Hobart how did you get there?

Thanks

B

"International passengers' baggage allowance

For flights operated by Jetstar (JQ):

If you are travelling between a Qantas international flight and a Jetstar service then Jetstar will honour the international baggage allowance shown on your Qantas ticket (or ETicket receipt)."

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Brick. Its all fine - Jetstar does carry on the 40kg allowance - we flew with them from Sydney to Hobart and no problem at all. When are you getting here>>>> Can I help in any way???

Let us know your dates.

Thanks

Annette

Dear Brick

As long as your Jetstar ticket is part of your international ticket you will not have a problem.

If you Jetstar Flight was booked as a separate tickets, you then pay for every bit of lugage as Jetstar is a budget carrier.

Good Luck

Hi all.

Thanks for the replies, as it turns out my future employer gets the tickets bought at a Hobart travela agent and we will be flying Qantas all the way. Jhb-Syd-Melbourne-Hobart.

Had a bit of a panic as because the tickets were bought in Australia I was only allowed 20kg's !!! but contacted Qantas and by paying in a very small amount we got upgraded to emigrant status to 40kg, yay.

I am flying up on the 24th May, leaving Jhb anyway.

Regards

B