How would a police officer get into Australia

Errol Meyer

Hallo

Can anyone please help with guidelines of how an South African Police Officer with 15 years experience could join the Australian Police Force. Already has family in Australia.

Thank you

Anita

Look at the various Police websites. The police in WA were recruiting internationalyy, but now because of the recession, lots of Aussie police are now going back to the force , because of the job security.,

Good Luck

Yes thats right I only know of the Western Australian service recruiting internationally, mostly pommies because the law is similar. They do recruit from other countries though so I would advise contacting there recruitment dept and ask a few q's. There are a few Saffas in the police here in Victoria and love it but all states police services require permanent residence to apply. Have a look at this site:

www.upholdtheright.com

Its a Victoria police chat forum

cheers

• 2 months later...
Hallo

Can anyone please help with guidelines of how an South African Police Officer with 15 years experience could join the Australian Police Force. Already has family in Australia.

Thank you

Anita

Anita

My brother was also in the SAPS for about 15 years and landed a sponsored job with the WA police mid last year and immigrated to Perth in September 2008. He applied to them directly at first beginning 2008 but got told they are not currenty looking. He persisted and attended one of their recruitment seminars in SA and applied again. He went through a series of interviews and finallt made it to just 100 out of thousands that applied and got a job offer with sponsorship, they landed with a PR visa. After landing they looked after them very well, he had to attend a compressed college of a think 3 months *( not live in ).He currently works for the WA police and is extemely happy, there are a number of Saffers in the WA policve with him. He recently volunteered to take a transfer to Kalgoorlie for at least 2 years, the WA police paid for everything, asssit with his rent etc and he loves in there.The WA police often recruit people, check out their website. I think other states also recruit, check out all the websites and dont give up.

:thumbdown::ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit: Go for it, mate!!! you can't make a mistake. Hope to see you here one day.

Hallo

Thank you

Anita

Hi

As a nurse I have met a few South African trained policemen now working in Melbourne so it can be done. Also in the past NZealand were looking for SA police.

Good Luck

South Australia only recruit from the UK. I queried the South Oz police on behalf of someone else about a year ago, and the answer was no, unfortunately.

Dax