Churches in Perth

Malinda

Hi there all,

We have just moved to Perth and I am wanting to find a church for us.

I am looking for a nice down to earth church that can catter for my 3 kids and my hubby and I. My two boys are really busy and I need a place that will be able to handle them.

Any help in tis matter would be nice.

Malinda

Hi Malinda,

I don't know where in Perth you are, as this will surely influence your decision.

We are in Baldivis, near Rockingham and we attend the Rockingham Baptist Churc. It's a great environment where people really care for you, without being condescending. The church also has a great South African community, which helps for making friends when you first get here.

For this kids they have "Buzz Kids" which is an activity time for them whilst mum and dad enjoy the service.

It's in Waikiki in Rockingham. PM me if you want a specific address or details.

Regards

L

Hi,

If you're looking for churches with a majority of South Africans in the congregation then you can try Whitfords Presbyterian http://www.whitfordspc.com/ where we're going. It's 60% South African, 30% Zimbos and the other 10% from the UK and Aus. Also try Grace Christian Reformed Churches in North Beach http://www.gracecrc.org.au/ and Victoria Park http://www.crcperth.org.au/

Regards

AA

Edited by Almost Aussie

Hi There

Just another comment for Whitfords Presbyterian, we also go there and find it a very warm and welcoming congregation. Quite an active Sunday School for the children as well. And option of an evening service as well.

there is also Riverview which has churches in cockburn central, burswood and joondalup - lots of saffers and poms, and they have great childcare facilities.

YOu can also try Sunset Coast CLC in Winton Circle, Joondalup. They have a great kids programme they call Junior Stomp and the kids are divided into their different ages and do age appropriate activities. They also have a large SA attendance as well as many other cultures and nationalities

Hi everyone, thanx for all of the advice, I am looking into all of the options and we will take it from there.

With the kids I want to find one that they will also like.

Thanx again

Malinda

Hi everyone, thanx for all of the advice, I am looking into all of the options and we will take it from there.

With the kids I want to find one that they will also like.

Thanx again

Malinda

Woodvale Baptist Church, really good teaching and wonderfull family orientated Church, great mix of people and accomodating to all ages, We did a lot of searching and kept coming back here.

Des

Dear Malinda

Plenty of suggestions have been given. Most of the churches are very child orientated.....go try a few out and see where you and your family feel the most comfortable.

I hope you and your family have settled in

Regrds

Enrica