How to fold a shirt in seconds

polly

Thanks Polly, it works really well. The first one I tried I will have to re-iron :ilikeit: , but the next one worked well.

Am going to teach the kids how to do this...

Just tried it and IT WORKS !!!!!! Absolutely amazing !!! And i have NEVER been able to fold a T-shirt !

Maybe....just maybe......I am teach my old dog (husband) a new trick !!!!!!!

THANKS!

Just another way that a friend taught me. Get yourself a piece of strong A4 card. Place the T-Shirt face down on a flat surface. Line the card's top edge up to the centre of the neck, now fold the left across the card, fold the sleeve back, now fold the right across the card, fold the sleeve back, fold the bottom up towards the neck, if too long, just fold it in. Now pull out the card....hey presto, does not matter the size of the T-Shirt, they all end up the same size!

Mara, that's exactly how my late Mom taught me to do it many years ago. My hubby used to travel alot for his last job, and I used your method on all his shirts (long sleeves) as well, works a treat.

Now, does anyone have a magic way to IRON in 2 seconds? I'm all ears... :)

Sigh! I hate ironing and am not looking forward to doing my own laundry! (I know, i know, shallow... bigger issues here, Al! Sigh!!!)

Allison, so do I. Simple solution: I don't iron. If we are going out at night for a function, I will iron my clothes. All the men here iron their own clothes. (apparently all the guys at hubby's work iron their own clothes and they don't even have kids) For the rest: my jeans seem to dry quite straight. Buy tight ones. When you pull them on, the wrinkles pull out :)

I am dreading this too so I went out and bought an elna press. Lots of people have told me they hate the ting and cant use it but I found it works a dream, so far!!! Only tried it a few times while the maid was on leave but it certainly seemed to cut my ironing time in half and it was actually fun, although I'm pretty sure that's just because it's a novelty , when I have to do it everyday I may think differently

What I do to make the ironing more "enjoyable" - is that even possible? - is to put on the idiot box (the TV) and iron while I watch. Sometimes I watch a DVD and before I know it the ironong is done!

The i-pod also passes the time, and our library has wonderful books on CD, what a treat!

zorba