Excellent news at last....

Guest colton

Hi all, have been without a computer for a couple of weeks now and really missing the forum. Our container is out at sea and will be arriving 13 November in Brisbane. Was getting a little worried that we wouldn't have our visa before the container arrived but it was granted last Tuesday, we will only be flying 8 November as we are enjoying our beach cottage, 5 steps from the actual beach, courtesy of the Brisbane Company. These guys have been amazing!!!

I think Leana was waiting for her visa to come through as well, hope you have good news too? I would just like to report on our experience re the IELTS. Only hubby had to write the IELTS, none of us, including my kids of 17 yrs, 19yrs and 23yrs had to write it and we were all granted our 457 visas. Been told we don't need the IELTS for our 136 PR visa either, ONLY HUBBY!

Well next check in will be once we are in Australia.... Hope all those waiting hear good news soon.

Colton

Fantastic News Colton!! Glad everything worked out well for you!! :) See you in Oz!

Hip Hip Hooray- you are on your way!!

pm me as soon as you arrive. I know where the best coffee is ! Has the company set you up this side with temp accommodation?

Well done Colton and Family. See ya soon!

Very good news colton! See you over here, hope all goes well!

Enjoy the last couple of days over there!

Brissy Bug

Hi Colton, Excellent news, we got our PR visas a few months ago so we know the feeling. Unfortunately we are only able to go at the end of next year due to business commitments but we are also surf loving Durbanites heading for Brisbane. We are going over for the xmas holidays this year. Let us know where you settle etc.

Good luck with your move and new job.

Edited by Megan

Hi Colton!

I am so jealous I just turned dark green. I am very glad for you. Our sponsor didn't "pass" his audit so we have decided to be patient and lodge our PR application so we will be here another 9 months. What a disappointment!!

Good luck for you and your family.

Leana

Hi all, have been without a computer for a couple of weeks now and really missing the forum. Our container is out at sea and will be arriving 13 November in Brisbane. Was getting a little worried that we wouldn't have our visa before the container arrived but it was granted last Tuesday, we will only be flying 8 November as we are enjoying our beach cottage, 5 steps from the actual beach, courtesy of the Brisbane Company. These guys have been amazing!!!

I think Leana was waiting for her visa to come through as well, hope you have good news too? I would just like to report on our experience re the IELTS. Only hubby had to write the IELTS, none of us, including my kids of 17 yrs, 19yrs and 23yrs had to write it and we were all granted our 457 visas. Been told we don't need the IELTS for our 136 PR visa either, ONLY HUBBY!

Well next check in will be once we are in Australia.... Hope all those waiting hear good news soon.

Colton

Leana, jammer om dit te hoor! Ai! :lol: Moet net nie moed opgee nie! Vasbyt jong! 9 Maande is "min" op op te offer relatief tot die res van jou lewe! Die wag dryf mens teen die mure uit en die onsekerheid maak mens mal, maar druk deur - julle is amper daar! Ek dink SO aan jou!! :ilikeit:

CONGRATS Colton!! You must be so excited!!

Good luck with all the last minute arrangements and have a safe flight.

See ya in Aus

Cheers

Thanks everyone for all your support. Leana I really feel for you, just remember the difference between winners and losers are that winners never quit. Keep on trying I'm sure it will all work out in the end.

I believe everything happens for a reason and our delay was because I needed to stay a little longer. My dad has just had another stroke, last week, and if I wasn't here he would have had no-one. At least I have had time to spend with him and arrange for him to move to a frail-care facility and help him adjust. There is a time and season for everything, this is most probably just not your time, but it will come and then things will just fall into place.

Queensland Girl we have a house waiting for us in Victoria Point, but will have to move pretty soon as it is too far from the kids schools etc on the Gold Coast. It's a pity because it is paid for 6 months, will contact you later re help when I'm there, I will be doing a lot of driving around and house hunting.

Thanks again

Colton

Hi Colton

Looking forward to it! School only starts end Jan so you will have some time.

Sorry to hear about your Dad though. Thinking of you and travel well.