Hi I'm new here :)

kajlina

Hi everyone. I have just joined the forum a few days ago. I am a 26 yr old teacher wanting to immigrate to Aus in 2009 if at all possible. I am currently at home (had a baby in Sept 08) and would love to know if there's anyone else applying by themselves (no migration agent) to go to Aus on the 175 Visa?

thanks for all your helpful posts everyone. I ahve read a few and I have learnt sooo much!

:rolleyes:

Shakira,

You can contact Feetjie on the forum. Although she used an agent for het visa application she did lots of it herself and can possibly help by giving you an indication of job prospects in Brisbane.

Hi and welcome to the forum

There are many people who are doing the PR application without an agent. I think it is a personal choice - but if you have a straight-forward application, there is no reason you can't do it yourself - and save lots of money!

An agent won't hurry the application along. You have to do all the leg-work and collecting of info yourself anyway... and you'll certainly find a wealth of info here.

Also - read through www.immi.gov.au - loads of info there. And step-by-step instructions as well as check-lists for you to follow.

Good luck,

Leigh

thanks for the welcome :)

I would love to settle in Brisbane, as i've got a first cousin who is already there, and has kids that are my kids age :)

but ideally it would depend on where I get a job i'm sure.

Hi I am also quite new to the group. We did our own visas, tried a few agents but they don't always give you all the info that you need upfront, and you have to do all the leg work yourself anyway. The online application is quite easy to fill in. I would suggest that you get all your documents together first. Do your English test (long waiting list, we did ours in Zambia) and get your skills assested. If you don't have passports and un-abridged everything apply now - they can take upto 3 months to get.

Good luck and welcome

Hi I am also quite new to the group. We did our own visas, tried a few agents but they don't always give you all the info that you need upfront, and you have to do all the leg work yourself anyway. The online application is quite easy to fill in. I would suggest that you get all your documents together first. Do your English test (long waiting list, we did ours in Zambia) and get your skills assested. If you don't have passports and un-abridged everything apply now - they can take upto 3 months to get.

Good luck and welcome

Hi Angela

I am going to book my test this friday hopefully. Am busy getting my skills assessment documention ready. With regards to unabridged certificates, do we also need an unabridged marriage certificate? Never saw anyone else mention it, but perhaps you would know, seeing that you've done everything yourself?

many thanks :thumbdown:

Hi Angela

I am going to book my test this friday hopefully. Am busy getting my skills assessment documention ready. With regards to unabridged certificates, do we also need an unabridged marriage certificate? Never saw anyone else mention it, but perhaps you would know, seeing that you've done everything yourself?

many thanks :thumbdown:

You need unabridged marriage certificate and birth certificates, copies of your valid passports, your english test, your skills assessment letter, police clearance certificates, trade certificates etc. Get everything certified (do ask for everything to be scanned to them). Once this is done they will confirm on the website and send you the link to download your medical forms, these are then sent to them directly by the DR. Once recieved they update it on the website and you then wait for a case officer.....

Hope this helps, yell if I can offer any other help

Hi everyone. I have just joined the forum a few days ago. I am a 26 yr old teacher wanting to immigrate to Aus in 2009 if at all possible. I am currently at home (had a baby in Sept 08) and would love to know if there's anyone else applying by themselves (no migration agent) to go to Aus on the 175 Visa?

thanks for all your helpful posts everyone. I ahve read a few and I have learnt sooo much!

:thumbdown:

Significant changes have occured just recently on the priority of processing by DIAC (aus immigrations authority) and it will be worth you while to do some reading and research. You may want to pursue another visa class, e.g. 176 as opposed to 175. With the 175, if your skill is not on the newly created critical skills list (CSL) you will go to the bottom of the que and the chances are you will wait long. "Secondary School teacher" is on the list.

See this discussion: http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showt...mp;#entry183720

Edited by PEfamily

Welcome!

I'm a Primary School Teacher and the main applicant for our 175. We originally wanted to use an agent, but with all the help and links on this forum, I decided to do it myself. No problems so far, but like other people say: the waiting periods for IETLS, Skills Assessment, unabridged certificates ect. is long and nerve-wrecking!!!

If your qualifications and proof of employment are not in English, you have to get that translations too. Oh and VERY important: you have to get a formal letter from your College or University that spesifically mention your Practical Teaching during your studies (Proeftyd ens.) how many hours/weeks during your 4 years.

Don't expect to get to Australia this year though, unless you can get a school to sponsor you.

We got our PR visas through an agent > and as far as the 'english test' goes -

If your schooling or diploma's / degrees were done in english - all you have to do is get a letter from your school / collage or university, confirming your attendance and that the medium of instruction was english - this is what we did which saved us the hassel and cost of doing the english test :-)

hope this small bit of info helps >

chEErs

paT

Edited by patrice