Young(er) members

ZLeigh

Hey guys

I have noticed that a lot of people here are married with kids. I am 24 and my husband 26. I was just wondering how many other people in their 20s are on the forum and have decided (or want) to move to Aus?

Zee

Im 27, and Leanne is 22 - We are going over as soon as I get a job or our 175 comes through...

I think its a bigger move for the older folks, thats why you see them on the forum a lot - Containers, kids, years and years of living in SA....

I travelled after school for a year or so....cant wait to get back on the road!

Enjoy!

It makes a lot of sense, it is a big move to pack up 30 plus years of your life.

Hubby and I also traveled a bit, so I guess we're more used to the idea of living in a strange country with strange people, less of a culture shock.

I agree Hermann, my feet are also itching to do some more traveling. Hopefully in Aus we will be able to afford to travel around a little more.

Where do you guys plan on setteling in Aus? Greg and I are planning on going to Brisbane. A quick stop at Melbourne to visit my mother in law, and off we'll be.

HI, I am 24 and hubby 27 we are married, Just waiting for our PCC then we will lodge our 457visas, We wil be relocating to Mackay...

I am 27 and my hubby is 33, we only landed last week and are very happy so far.

Hehe Candi,

your still in honeymoon phase of aus. But congrats! I would kill to be in your shoes right now!

I'm 27 and my wife is 26. We've been there on holiday in December 2007/January 2008 for a month (Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney) and would love to travel and see the world - still being Australian residents of course.

I just turned 21

Hey All

Myself and my partner are both 26 and have been in Mlebourne for 5 months now. Its been ok, just the lack of a social life has been a little frustrating, I would say that is the only thing about immigrating at "our" age. When you are a little older, you have the whole family there and I reckon that would occupy alot of you time.

I find that for myself I am kind of in the middel. Not young enough to go hang around clubs all night to meet people, hung my party boots up when I left CT, and not old enough to join the whole children group!!!

Anywyas, besides that, it has been a great move and yes in the long run, much easier when you a little younger and have less pressure. I arrived with one suticase and that was it!!

See ya

Jonathan

P.S anyone in Melbourne going to the ZAMBAZ meeting on Saturday?

Hi There,

I am 26 and my husband 28.. We have two little girls. Liandri 2 years and Mikayla 4 months. We immigrated Oct 2007 and living live here in Aus to the fullest!!!

Hi

I'm 30 and hubby 31 - not exactly 20's anymore, but also no kids.

I sometimes struggle to find like minded friends our age (or around the same age) since it seems everyone has kids and it does influence people's social habits (ie not doing the same things etc). No offence to anyone - I'm sure you know what I mean.

Good luck you guys - hopeyou land soon!!

Hi

I'm 27 and my wife 25. Lodged 175 in December '08, so now for the wait. I've been travelling a couple of years, but come from a farm and are currently farming. A lot more bagage and stuff than most people on the forum, I think, since most of you are pursuing a career.

Going to be living a split life with having the farm in SA and going over to Australia. Would like to sell everything and just leave, but sentiment is a strange thing.

Anyway - maybe we meet in Oz and smile about the stream of young South Africans coming to Australia to keep us company...

Regards

Willem

Hi there!

My husband and I are both 27 and we've been here 5 months on a 457... We are in Sydney and loving it sofar, although there are lots of things to get used to...

Overall, we believe it is best to do it when you don't have too many commitments (i.e kids, big house, big career etc.)

Let me know if I can help with anything!

Regards,

Cindy

Hey guys

I have noticed that a lot of people here are married with kids. I am 24 and my husband 26. I was just wondering how many other people in their 20s are on the forum and have decided (or want) to move to Aus?

Zee

Hey Zee

I am 20 and have been in Sydney (alone) for almost a year now... I have come across rather a 'younger' group of South Africans around the NOrthern Beaches of Sydney. Where are you locating to?

Hilda

Well, hilda, we are thinking about going to Brisbane. We have to stop in Melbourne first to visit my mother in law, even though I am quite anxious to get settled, and get jobs when we get there.

You are very brave to do it by yourself. I went to the states when I was 22 to work, and I was petrified!

I would like to go to Sydney, I am a little torn, but G has an aunt in Brissie where we can stay for a bit until we have jobs and can afford a place of our own.

I know emotionally it must be harder for older couples with kids to move, they have already settled. For us it's easier, as we haven't really settled.

What gets me the most is the financial aspect. We will sell the furniture and the car, but other than that we will move with very very little in our pockets, and that stresses me out a bit. Did everybody experience that, or is it just me?

Hi Everyone

I am with you Zleigh we are loding our 457 in a week or 2 just waiting for final paperwork, and i must say this process is so stressfull, We are heading to Mackay luckily hubby has found such a good employer. But still if i look at our lives now we are content, we own a townhouse ( Which we are not going to sell cause of the market and such) Luckily we owe nothing on that, we both have cars, we will only be selling one, got someone to take over my installment as my car is pretty new and will not be able to pay it off. we have already sold all our furniture but you never get the amounts you paid for everything, o and when people hear that you are leaving the country they are like scavengiers( spelling)

We will also just be moving with our 40kg allowance. And as hubby is a boilermaker we will be u-bag his tools over wich also will cost antother arm & leg,

For all the people over there already what is the social life like. as we are not really into clubbing but do enjoy going out???

Thanx B?

Yeah I know, that is the problem.

How on earth do you meet new people? We're not into clubbing. We enjoy a lekker braai (or barbie, we dont care). We will sometimes go out and have a drink or two.

we are looking at brisbane for our first move, but would travel around a bit - I'll do contract work all over, we'll see were the road leads us...

If something comes up in Perth I'd rather come back and work in Cpt...hehe... dont really want to go there...

Meet new people? Not a worry to us... Enjoy the odd night out, mountain biking, golf...I'm sure we will meet a lot of people doing what we like...

Hi. Well I'm 32. I'll be moving this year sometime, depends really on a couple of factors etc. but I'll be going to Brisbane or Sydney. Still have to decide, although I'm pulling towards Brisbane. So I'll prolly need to make some friends there. I'll be all alone in a BIIIIGGG city. with nearest family staying in Perth.

Ja we're also not going over with much. No high-end career or expensive property. We own a townhouse which we have to sell at some point, luckily both cars are paid off so we have no other debt except for the property. Not to mention that I've also canceled two RAFs - eina!

We'll probably see if we can split a container with someone as well. Luckily we'll be settling in with family so that really helps a lot.