Cut n Paste

Cindylou

Question

This is something that has been discussed in the past, but with all the new members since then I thought I'd pop in a quick reminder.

Please don't copy large chunks of text from other websites (for example newspaper articles or poetry!). Rather place a link in your post directing readers to the original website where you found the information; in that way we don't have to worry about possible copyright infringements and it is a more ethical way of acknowledging the flow of information on the web.

C'Lou

4 answers to this question

Hi there

I think it takes a while for most of us to become familiar with the tools on the site.

I can now post a link to a site and add attachments like photo's but am still unsure how to add a link to a document I have saved on my computer- my ignorance is showing here!

And I have no idea what to do with the Quick access drop down box, insert special item,insert email link and code tags.

I have even failed dismally attempting to wrap in quote tags.

My major headache when replying to a post is losing my reply, I usually track my info and links via google search and once I have copied the link use the back arrow to get back to my reply and get really frustrated when it seems to have disappeared.

I am so envious of all the people who can do these clever things.

Bump