Desperate situation

Citizen X

Hi all,

I have received the following email and wonder if someone out there could possibly help this family. I am sure we can all appreciate how desperate and stressful this must be for them. You can also PM me if you know of any possibilities for them and I will forward it along.

Thanks

Dear fellow South Africans,

It is with great concern for a Sydney-based South African family that I write this URGENT appeal. We have a family who will be deported back to South Africa by the end of this month (January) if they do not find a visa sponsor (457 visa) and work SOON. The husband, who is the visa holder, works in market research and is able to do anything within marketing. Their situation is a direct result of the decline in the economy.

If you know of anybody who is able to help with work and / or visa sponsorship please contact the SA Women of the Hills club on Facebook or email the coordinator of the club at kersiefontein@yahoo.com.au. The family has explored every avenue and they are willing to relocate within Australia – anything to keep them from going back to South Africa .

Please feel free to forward this email to anyone able to help, anywhere within Australia .

Thank you in advance for your kind consideration.

Annie de Villiers

SA Women of the Hills

http://sawomenofthehills.blogspot.com/

Sjoe! This must be a horrific situation to be in.

All the best to you and your family.

Hi All,

Just received the following :

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for the fantastic response ! The family has managed to find a position and sponsorship. I don't know all of the finer details yet, but as soon as I do I will let you know.

Thanks to all who contacted me and the Club and who were actively involved in finding a solution. It makes me proud to be South African !

Annie de Villiers

SA Women of the Hills

http://sawomenofthehills.blogspot.com/

Hi everyone,

The following mail just came in from Annie at the Club :

Dear XXXXX,

As promised more news from the Wannenburg family. (see attached letter.) God works in wonderful ways ! Thank you so much for your willingness to help and for helping to get word out there. I understand you have also posted our request on the SAAustralia forum, thanks for that. Could you please forward the letter to any other Saffers you might have contacted during our appeal. Thanks ! Both the family and I appreciate your effort.

Hope you have a fantastic Australia Day - I know it is one that I won't soon forget.

Kind Regards

Annemarie de Villiers

SA Women of the Hills - Sydney

Fantastic news! It is my great pleasure to inform you that I have received an offer yesterday to join a company in Sydney! All the glory to the Lord who has guided us through many prayers during a very difficult time. It has almost been 5 months since I started my job search and as a last resort decided to ask you to forward a request to all your contacts (which took me 10 days to secure the position).

Boy, what a great response from all over Australia. I had people responding from Brisbane, Perth, Melbourne etc. It is genuinely incredible to experience the South African community’s effort and encouragement. There are too many names to mention but we would like to thank each and everyone for their interest and prayers. God bless you all!

Last but not least, a special thanks to you for your commitment and your continuous support over the last few days, we really appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Daniel Wannenburg

I am really pleased that this family get a second chance.

Best Wishes to them for the future.

Good to know that people really do care, gave me goosebumps, a lot of su could find ourselves in a similar situation

Hi there

I can only say that Daniel and his family and the person/s who helped them will be in our prayers tonight. Truly a memorable Australia day. If we all help where we can I sure we can help more miracles happen