Business migration to Australia

Dolf

Busines migration to Australia has seen substantial changes since the old 457 business visas and 127 permanent business visas were abolished a few years ago.

To get permanent residency in Australia as a business migrant the requirements for the new 132 permqanent residency visa can be misleading.

The Department of Immigration (DIMIA) requires an applicant to have an ownership interest of $400,000, total assets of $1.5 million an a turnover in the business of $3 milion plus state sponsorship before they approve a visa.

The States however have their own ideas and guidelines in approving state sponsorship, which MUST be obtained before a visa application can be made.

Queensland, which became very popular for South Africans, now requires the following:

1 A personal interview -informal and of a general nature with the local State Director

2 The proposed development will significantly benefit one of the priority industries as defined by business migration.- the applicant is also advised that establishing the proposed business in a designated area is looked upon favourably.

2.Have funds of at least $8 million available for transfer to Australia

3.Intend to invest at least $4 million in the proposed business

4.Create at least 15 full time positions and over a sustained period

5.Will introduce a technology of substance currently not available in Queensland.

Two of the 5 condition must be met!!!

Therefore as the criteria set by some states is significantly higher that the criteria set by the Department of Immigration (DIMIA) careful consideration of all the relevant requirements must be made before deciding on which state to go for.

Dolf van Zyl

Brisbane Qld

Hi Dolf

Wow- how things have changed!

We were granted one of the last 127 Business Visas(Granted with PR status) issued late 2001, and fullfilled all our obligations and became citizens last year.

Am I correct that ALL Business visas now are Temporary Visas? When you say with the new visa(Queensland) that only two of the 5 conditions need to be met, could that be the first two conditions, as the other conditions are very difficult to achieve.

How long is the Visa granted, and what conditions are obligatory to obtain PR?

I am not sure how the old business visas worked however the new visas you now need for getting in as a business person are the 160 and the 163 temporary visas.One has to then fullfill cetain requirements before a permanent visa is granted.The good thing is that the figures you mention are now much lower.For example...you have to only employ 2 Aus citizens as permanent employees.The whole new route for applying for a business visa is fairly well explained on the DIMIA website.I suggest anyone who is interested to go to this website and have a read.

I personally applied for the 160 visa and it was granted a month ago :ilikeit: The most important thing for this visa is to have proper verifiable paperwork for everything required because DIMIA check every single requirement in detail due to the high incedence of fraud,especially from the far east.

Hope this helps

The 132 is a permanent residency visa not temporary and substituted the old 127.

My article only relates to the 132 visa and not the new 160/163 temporary visa categories.

Dolf

Thank you for that information Dolf.

I have a few friends considering Business Migration and will pass this info on. The 132 will be of interest to some.