Skilled Independant Regional Visa (SIR)

JacoE

Hi,

I am busy working through all the requirements for the SIR visa. I have been to the Western Austrialia, South Australia and Victoria immigration departments' web sites. All these states state :ilikeit: that they require you to prove that are really interested in going there (as if a visa application costing the same money as my car (ok, not quite) and relocating your entire family isn't proof enough). This prove could include trips (plural), family or friends there or a job offer. I suppose I need a job offer then (or you could all sent me sworn affidavits that you are my friends (please include photos) :huh:

Could anyone here on SIR visas tell me how you proved to them that are really interested in their state above the others, or is this a negligible requiement. Did you tell you what you know about the housig and job market and the state in general?

Jaco

Jaco,

My husband did come on a recce visit (or LSD) and we put the details down of that. Then we also wrote that we had been visiting websites to find out about the cost of living, schools, jobs etc. We put the addresses of some of the sites. We also said that my husband had registered with several recruitment agencies. I think we also put about the books we'd been reading (like Lonely Planet) to find out more. To be honest, it was very brief and we didn't pay all that much attention to it. But I know they are stricter now on the sponsorship questions, so just put a bit more detail. Visiting this site would definitely count as research. :unsure: Maybe also find a few local newspaper sites (depending on which state you're going to ask for sponsorship) and put those down as well to show your interest in the local news.