Points for spouse Skills

Hi

I am new to this forum and this is my debut posting. I have read most of the posting and conversation for a while and now I am in need of the valuable advise and info usually provide in this forum.

I want to claim the 5 points for the spouse skills part of the application. I have already sent away her qualifications for assessement at VETASSESS and we have been in contact with the assessors and they will be sending us a positive response. However I see the 47sk form asks about the English assessment (IELTS) I have already done mine and and thought that I could claim the 5 points for spouse skills once the qualification authority approves the qualification. Must she still do the IELTS or can I submit my application without it. Oh I am applying for a 136 VISA. (PR)

If they do require the IELTS proof of vocational English can I submit my application and send in the proof later or is it advisable to wait until that documentation is obtained.

The following is already complete on my application: assessement with qualification authority positive, IELTS main applicant completed successfully; age requirements met; abridged birth certificates obtained; Total points =115 (that is why I am in need of the 5 points for spouse skills)

I am aware that I have enough points for the SIR Visa, but ideally I want to have PR before I leave SA and possible settle in Perth.

Please advise.

Thanks

Cigi

Cigi, see this post that I've just answered: http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showtopic=2044

It boils down to this: your spouse will have to proove english language ability on 136 skilled independent. Wether by Ielts test or giving satisfactory proof, even if you are not claiming the bonus points.

On top of that: If you want to claim the 5 points for spouse skills http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1119.pdf page 32, you'll see that english ability is listed as one of the criteria and must be met.

From what I've heard on BE, you can send the IELTS results after lodging the application, although of course not advisable since they like everything together to speed things up. But they will definately request it.

Best wishes