Internet Explorer - Security Threat

calibrated

Mythryl, careful :lol: I'll whip your butt :lol: Girls are AWESOME gamers :lol: Here in Aus with more dependable broadband we have discovered MMO's :lol: I am starting to think one pc between hubby and me isn't enough. He gets up at 5am to get some game time.

(Playing Age of Conan at the moment... when they aren't updating the server :lol:)

PS very proud of my collectors edition Oblivion, even got the coin - somewhere

Psh join WoW my level 72 Night Elf Rogue hasn't got 35k honour kills for being noobish :lol:

My wife and I play wow together so 2 laptops are a must. It's quite funny as we sit on the couch together and play most nights (when there isn't something good to watch on TV). I'd die if I had to share a laptop

I'm still very much a noob :D With kids around, don't get much more than an hour's play a day. :( Someday baby will be big too ;)

Hubby's work laptop can't really handle Conan, plus he doesn't want to use a work machine. One day when we win the lotto... :)

Psh join WoW my level 72 Night Elf Rogue hasn't got 35k honour kills for being noobish :ilikeit:

My wife and I play wow together so 2 laptops are a must. It's quite funny as we sit on the couch together and play most nights (when there isn't something good to watch on TV). I'd die if I had to share a laptop

*Falls off chair* hahahaha a huntard thinking he can beat a Rogue in PVP :unsure:

My wife plays a hunter and she was talking smack so I dueled her. Took out her pet with blind and suddenly she was all alone :ilikeit:

Edited by Mythryl

• 2 months later...
NO, FF is NOT better than Opera !!

Please specify

Fact:

1. Opera is THE fastest browser out there (even faster than chrome)

2. Opera is THE most secure browser

3. It has the most features(without having to fiddle with addons)

PC vs MAC:

1. Mac are great for people not wanting to fiddle with things but need a platform that "just works"

2. Mac is not the fastest hardware out there.

3. Mac is less resilient than PC (but then Mac people don;t need to do the stuff I do)

4. Mac is crap at gaming but then it follows on point 3

5. PC's are cheaper and faster than Macs

6. PC's can be upgraded easily and modularly

Ubuntu vs Mac vs MS:

1. Mac is less flexable than linux(like Ubuntu)

2. MS is a mess but I use it cause I have to. Ubuntu isn't stable enough for what I need to do and don't support the games I play.(neither does Mac)

To each his own, but if you want to fiddle and try new interesting things use MS and PC.

If you want stability that "just works" get a Mac

I am too adventurous for a Mac - maybe when I'm older :ilikeit:

PS. I love these debates

PPS. Your Windows PC's should have the update already as all my PC's woke up this morning with Updates waiting....

Have to agree that Opera is the best browser I've used so far, and I've used most of 'em. Used IE for ages, until I came across Firefox. Used IE and FF3 on laptop and PC respectively until I tried out both Chrome and Opera. Have NEVER gone back to anything after Opera. Only gripe I've had with Opera so far - not all web-based java apps run correctly, eg. on facebook. Solution - I access Facebook with FF3. Voila! problem solved!

Have used a Mac intermittently.....must say stability is far greater than Windows. However, I just can't justify the price at this time in my life......saving up!!

NO, FF is NOT better than Opera !!

Please specify

Fact:

1. Opera is THE fastest browser out there (even faster than chrome)

2. Opera is THE most secure browser

3. It has the most features(without having to fiddle with addons)

PC vs MAC:

1. Mac are great for people not wanting to fiddle with things but need a platform that "just works"

2. Mac is not the fastest hardware out there.

3. Mac is less resilient than PC (but then Mac people don;t need to do the stuff I do)

4. Mac is crap at gaming but then it follows on point 3

5. PC's are cheaper and faster than Macs

6. PC's can be upgraded easily and modularly

Ubuntu vs Mac vs MS:

1. Mac is less flexable than linux(like Ubuntu)

2. MS is a mess but I use it cause I have to. Ubuntu isn't stable enough for what I need to do and don't support the games I play.(neither does Mac)

To each his own, but if you want to fiddle and try new interesting things use MS and PC.

If you want stability that "just works" get a Mac

I am too adventurous for a Mac - maybe when I'm older :ilikeit:

PS. I love these debates

PPS. Your Windows PC's should have the update already as all my PC's woke up this morning with Updates waiting....

Mate have you used a Mac for a long time??

I'm a mac user since 2000, never looked back. I've used lots of OS' I've used linux(redhat, ubuntu, debian, slackware, suse), freebsd, openbsd, netbsd, BeOS (best OS ever), QNX, Winsuck (95-2000) and OS/2 warp. I must honestly say, if you want a machine that just works out of the box, get a mac. if you want to play pc games get a pc, however i am in the believe that if you want to play games, get a console. I used to use firefox exclusively for a long time, but I found that the new safari(3 and now 4 beta) is tops, safari 4 is 100% compatible with the new acid3 tests. Plus it was actually the first browser to be 100% compatible with the acid 3 tests.

Google chrome is also built upon the webkit browser which powers the iphone, google chrome, chromium, i think kde conqueror now, and loads of other browsers. Opera is nice, but fastest, it's not anymore. sorry.

as for the following points :

PC vs MAC:

1. Mac are great for people not wanting to fiddle with things but need a platform that "just works" - sooo true

2. Mac is not the fastest hardware out there. --- agreed, but you get a very decent package for a very decent price. The days where you could argue that a mac is too expensive is gone. If you have to take a top brand and compare the specs point for point to a mac of similar spec/price, you would see that it is on par. It uses intel hardware, and standard PC components.

3. Mac is less resilient than PC (but then Mac people don;t need to do the stuff I do) --- I can attest, why upgrade and spend R 1000's every month when a mac can still do exactly the same for 2-3-4 years. I still have a powermac 400MHz, running at home as a server that I bought in 2000. Show me a PC that can do that!!!

4. Mac is crap at gaming but then it follows on point 3 --- Get a console!!!

5. PC's are cheaper and faster than Macs --- Bullcrap... Spec for spec with a top brand that has been at the number 1 position WRT customer support, you are getting very good value for money.

6. PC's can be upgraded easily and modularly ---- I upgraded my MacBook Pro myself using screwdrivers. I upgraded the ram to 2GB (2006 model, 2GB Max), and a 320GB hdd. No problem. Agreed the iMac is is bit more difficult to upgrade, but you can find guides online to do it yourself, the tower is very easy to upgrade. Note though, this only applies to RAM, HDD, Optical Drive. The motherboard can't be upgraded.

Other niceties.

1. Been virus free, without a virus scanner, and working a lot on the internet, since 2000.

2. OS X, is based on unix. And now a lot of OpenSolaris technologies are filtering through to OS X, like ZFS.

3. The gui actually works, looks pretty and is very quick.

4. There are a lot of windows software today which you can run natively on a mac, ie MS Office

5. If you do need to run windows and windows application, install a virtual machine such as Parallels, VM Ware, VirtualBox(Free), then you can run windows and windows applications at near realtime speed, transparently (it hides the windows desktop, so you only see the application running) on you mac.

6. All machines sine the later half of 2006, are actually 64bit processors. And OS X has been moving towards being 64 bit the past couple of years. Sure there are other OS' which beat it to the punch, but most of those OS' had major issues with backwards compatibility with older software. OS X support both 32 and 64 bit applications at the same time.

Just my 2c ;-)