Beaumaris

nans

Hi everyone

I finally arrived in Melbourne just over a week ago. So far so good! What a beautiful city!

I had a look at a little house in Beaumaris today and the rent was very reasonable. Does anyone know the area? Or anyone living in the area?

Regards

Nanette

Welcome to Melbourne. Don't know that area, though most of the surrounding suburbs are nice apparently (e.g. Bentleigh East). All the best with the house hunting.

Hi nana

I would suggest yyou contact Gerri van den Brg who lives in Beaumaris. He moved here from Cape Town a few years ago. You can contact Gerrie at 0395 841 219 - tell him I put you onto him (Mark Rynhoud). Good luck

Beaumaris is LOVELY. Very quiet area.... we lived in Brighton for a few months after we moved here in 2006 and i had a friend who stayed there. I wouldnt think twice if i could move there!!!!

• 1 year later...

Hi

Can anyone give me advice on how good the public transport is in Beaumaris suburb in Melbourne? Specifically Michael Street? I won't have a car so am specifically interested in whether or not I can walk to a station and then how long it takes to get a train/bus to the city.

I have found a really nice room to rent in that area, but some websites are saying that its a great area to live in if you have a car, and not great for public transport. ;)

Hi

Can anyone give me advice on how good the public transport is in Beaumaris suburb in Melbourne? Specifically Michael Street? I won't have a car so am specifically interested in whether or not I can walk to a station and then how long it takes to get a train/bus to the city.

I have found a really nice room to rent in that area, but some websites are saying that its a great area to live in if you have a car, and not great for public transport. :ilikeit:

Hi Kat

Beaumaris is a nice area to live! It's not the most convenient for public transport as there's not a train station for the suburb. In Michael Street you are closest to Mentone Station and the 825 bus would take you there along Balcombe Road. I think you could walk there in about half an hour. The buses run about every 20 mins during the day, so you'd be fine going to and from work in the city. Might have to catch a cab from the station if you came home from a night out, but it's not too far :-) Here's a link to the public transport website for more info: http://www.metlinkmelbourne.com.au/ (The 825 Southland takes you to Mentone station,and 825 Moorabbin for going home)

Hi Kat

Beaumaris is a nice area to live! It's not the most convenient for public transport as there's not a train station for the suburb. In Michael Street you are closest to Mentone Station and the 825 bus would take you there along Balcombe Road. I think you could walk there in about half an hour. The buses run about every 20 mins during the day, so you'd be fine going to and from work in the city. Might have to catch a cab from the station if you came home from a night out, but it's not too far :-) Here's a link to the public transport website for more info: http://www.metlinkmelbourne.com.au/ (The 825 Southland takes you to Mentone station,and 825 Moorabbin for going home)

So if I understand you correctly, I can take a bus from Balcombe Road to the station (and back)?

Is it a half hour walk to the bus stop or to the station from Michael Street?

Thanks a ton, Nessa. This is a great help!

Beaumaris is a stunning area...I have family in Black Rock which is extremely close and the area is great!

Beaumaris is a stunning area...I have family in Black Rock which is extremely close and the area is great!

Thanks, Michelle. I am quite excited. :)

So if I understand you correctly, I can take a bus from Balcombe Road to the station (and back)?

Is it a half hour walk to the bus stop or to the station from Michael Street?

Thanks a ton, Nessa. This is a great help!

No problems, Kat! Yes, there is a bus stop on Balcombe Road a very short walk from Michael Street. From there you can catch a bus to Mentone train station and back again, or it would be about a half hour walk from Michael Street to the train station. There are supermarkets near Mentone station, so you could bring your shopping home on the bus :-) Also, Michael Street is right by a small shopping centre on Balcombe Road (when they say shopping centre here they mean a row of shops along the road, not a mall!) It's got a Foodworks (kinda like a Kwikspar), pharmacy, bakery, videoshop, takeaways etc, so all very convenient.

We're just down the road in Mentone, so let me know if you have more questions about the area :-)

No problems, Kat! Yes, there is a bus stop on Balcombe Road a very short walk from Michael Street. From there you can catch a bus to Mentone train station and back again, or it would be about a half hour walk from Michael Street to the train station. There are supermarkets near Mentone station, so you could bring your shopping home on the bus :-) Also, Michael Street is right by a small shopping centre on Balcombe Road (when they say shopping centre here they mean a row of shops along the road, not a mall!) It's got a Foodworks (kinda like a Kwikspar), pharmacy, bakery, videoshop, takeaways etc, so all very convenient.

We're just down the road in Mentone, so let me know if you have more questions about the area :-)

Thanks, Nessa!

Now I can rest easy and look forward to seeing Melbourne and this suburb!! :lol: