Internet readio

HouseInOz

I want to listen to OZ radio, but cannot get it right. Have a MacPro laptop, that is the extend of my IT knowledge....

Please help

Thanks!!!

I want to listen to OZ radio, but cannot get it right. Have a MacPro laptop, that is the extend of my IT knowledge....

Please help

Thanks!!!

Not sure about the mac but try this site it works well for me on windows. You may need to install a player of some kind for the mac most probably Quicktime. On windows the following works well, dunno if they available on mac: Winamp, Realplayer and Windows Media Player. Hope it helps!

http://www.1radio.com.au/

0rhttp://www.adonline.id.au/radio/ Click on radio station of choice, wait for page to load and click on "Live Feed" or something like that.

Try this if you are struggling http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Edited by Mauritzvw

• 2 weeks later...

The Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) is Australia's national broadcaster, having channels all over Australia.

I suggest you google for "ABC" and bring it up on your laptop screen, get the ABC map of Australia and click on the spot where you intend to settle and it will show the local ABC channel/s for that region or city. That way, you can start brushing up on some local affairs and news of the district and State you'll be dwelling in.

You will have to google for "Real" player and download Real Player and install it on your laptop in order to listen to most ABC or BBC programs . . . . . no big deal!

Once you've downloaded Real Player, you can listen to the ABC. . . . or BBC.

A few programs, such as ABC - FM (Classical music station) is available in being broadcast in an MP3 which your Mac can pick up if you open your iTunes on your computer.

iTunes can "understand" MP3 programs as well as a few others, such as AAC which iPods use, but doesn't pick Windows Media Player up (the opposition!)

Since Real Player isn't part of the Microsoft industry and in competition with Apple who make Mac computers, Apple feel alright for you to download and install Real Player. That way you can listen to a whole lot more radio content from a number of channels from around the world.

Most radio stations websites also have a "listen live" link straight from their sites.

Usually, if you don't have the software you need (media player, Realplayer, flash, etc), the site will tell you what you need and ask you if you want to download it. Just download it from there instead of going looking for it yourself.

What sort of music or station are you after? There are plenty to choose from!