Home sweet home.

Johnny & Rene

Well,well the Clark family has arrived in Canberra and what an experience.

Landed in Sydney on 27 Nov,went through customs with no problems the officials were so help full and checked our things and off we went. The Vodafone shop was the first people in OZ to take my money, but this was not without drama, I approached the ATM and drew some money and after receiving the money it took me and the family about ten minutes to get over the "funny money" and the lady helping us was laughing at these common South Africans.

So now the next stop was the shop across the Vodafone shop this was a cafe and we bought some cold drinks and paid with a 50$ and got a lot of other "funny money" now the poor family is in complete extacy and we were exchanging the different coins and $notes and showing each other different things yes the poor people they are just not use to any thing.......commoners.

Ok, on the plane to Canberra all very well...... collected our bags after the flight and was collected by Ron the lawyer used by BMW/LAND ROVER to get me into the country. After introducing ourselves the first thing he says to me and my son is gee are all South Africans this big. Then he wanted to know if I could talk a African language and I replied yes Afrikaans my home language then they would say no no black languages and when I say yes they think you are a gift.

So we had our first shopping experience and yes the shopping carts are a experience and a half....Vegemite is good, we love it.

Any Canberrians reading this post if you would like to meet up we would like to please contact us we would like to make new friends as soon as possible.

Mobile no 0404145220 thanx alot

Cheers

Welcome to Australia, I hope you are going to be very happy in your new homeland.

Cheers

Hallo Johnny en Rene

Dit was lekker om julle ' ervaringe' te lees en hoop julle ' settle' sommer gou.

Sterkte verder