Some current photos of the storms in Victoria

polly

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/gallery/0...5006020,00.html

We live near the CBD, but haven't seen any of this. The photos are good though, so I thought I would share the link.

Yeah, we live about 16 kms from the Melbourne CBD and I've yet to see or experience rain or a storm which matches a highveld storm. Mostly what we were used to as average showers are seen here as a deluge :thumbdown:

Brisbane has been hit hard by freak weather though.

Hmmm - looks exactly Cape Twon and the rest of Western Cape did last week! Loads of flodding as well..

Global waring people - global warming... :rolleyes:

It rained quite a bit on Saturday. Nothing Sunday, but I am sure the sky sneezed on me this morning :unsure:

I don't think South Australians would mind you sneezing over here.

We could do with whatever rain drops out of the sky, to boost up our water catchment dams for the long dry summer we are heading into.

They already brought in stricter water restrictions in Victoria. I really hope you get all the needed rain in SA, Bob. Droughts are hard on so many people.

I think the first thing we will do when we get our own place is to put in all those water recovery things (grey water, rain water, etc.) Also some water-friendly plants :lol: