different visas

hanneskn

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me if it is possable to apply for two different visas at the same time and then take the one that comes through first. i appologise if this is a dumb question........ still at the bottom of the learning curve!

regards,

H & L.

Hi hanneskn,

I'm not sure if it applies to all categories, but I know that if you have applied for a 136 (Skilled Independant) visa and then get offered a 457 (employer sponsored temporary residence) visa, then you are able to take the 457 if it comes through first, without negatively affecting the 136 process (which also just continues).

Hope this helps

Ajay

Hi Ajay,

thanks allot, now I know.

Hi hanneskn,

I'm not sure if it applies to all categories, but I know that if you have applied for a 136 (Skilled Independant) visa and then get offered a 457 (employer sponsored temporary residence) visa, then you are able to take the 457 if it comes through first, without negatively affecting the 136 process (which also just continues).

Hope this helps

Ajay

• 2 weeks later...

Does that mean that in order to get permanent residence you need to take the 136 route?

Or can you also get permanent residence via 457?

Hi Alwyn,

As far as I know you can apply for permanent residence after a year in OZ on a 457.