AIM General Manager Skills Assessment

Pine and Riana Pienaar

As promised I attach a template indicating what I included for my AIM skills assessment. I must say it was an extreme pain to get all together. In our case it was an organisation that had gone thrugh several transformation processes, did not have proper organograms or job descriptions and effectively none of these were really official documents.

This implication is that I had to basically compile the documents from bits I kept in my own archives (one time I was glad about my hoarding and record keeping). It effectively took me 4 months plus (coincided with the start of a new job and the December holidays).

I ultimately couriered them half a copier box full of docs (5.6 kg), which cost an arm and a leg. This took about a week and when they received it I heard back from them within a week.

Perhaps it overwhelmed them ;) . I like to beleive it was all there and they could find what they needed with the way it was structured.

Hope this helps someone else.

GM_AIM_Example.doc

wow this was very kind of you and will help ALOT of people needing to get their AIM approved. :)

Please check if there is something you thing should be added as help for others and perhaps some detail from your expereince.

Hi

It is important to make sure that a FULL academic transcript is included if the applicant has a degree/diploma.

I must say ours was not as comprehensive as Pine & Riana Pienaar so there is nothing more I can personally add but thats why I said to those who dont even know where to start with AIM, this message will help alot.

Remember that AIM is the hardest accessing body in Oz so others that read Pine & Riana Pienaar's message will be eternally grateful. :holy:

I am running into space limitations with my attachments. I have therefor removed the one attachment here and pasted the info in the posting below. The address to which you send your docs is as follows:

Postal Address:Management Skills Assessment Unit

Australian Institute of Management

PO Box 200

Spring Hill, Queensland 4004

Australia

Physical Address:

Management Skills Assessment Unit

Australian Institute of Management

3609 Boundary Street (Cnr Rosa St)

Spring Hill, Queensland 4000

Australia

• 6 years later...

Hi All,

We are currently going through the stressful process of applying for a PR 190 SA. I found this web site and it seems we are not following an exact process, which is a little concerning, but not a train smash. I rendered the services of a MARA approved agent (AVP Migration, based in Perth) to run the full process, on recommendation of a mate that used them for a job sponsored visa, which was successful. I also thought it was the right thing to use an agent to make sure the process was done correctly for such an important undertaking, even though the costs are high (children come first). I paid $ 1500 to the agent for "Advice, preparation and lodgement of skills assessment" with AIM. My agent said he thought the pack was fine and submitted on my behalf to AIM. The pack submitted to AIM was for application of Corporate General Manager and after 9 weeks (including a request for a certified copy of my electronics certificate in week 7), received feedback this week that my application was unsuccessful. I am a Managing Director of a business with over 6 years experience as a General Manager, another 3 years as Operations Director/ GM (same role but elevated due to shares being issued), and will have 2 years experience as the Managing Director next year February. I have 8 departments heads reporting to me for over 10 years now in a multi million rand SME environment. I do not have a formal Degree but am approved and undertaking my MBA based on experience currently. (My agent disagrees with the findings and said he is looking into it). Also why would AIM ask for a certified copy of my electronics certificate only to reject my claim?????

I went ahead on the English test and I wrote the Pearson Academic Test and scored 90 90 90 90. This was not submitted to AIM. So at least this is out of the way.

I am at a complete loss as to how my AIM was not approved, and would appreciate and advice or recommendations on what action i should take to this massive dilemma i find myself in??

Thanks in advance,

Marco da Silva

Marco, it is unlikely that you will get a reply from Pine, he last visited the forum in March 2014.

Marco

If you go to the FAQ on AIM's website, you will see that there is an appeal procedure. Discuss this with your agent.

Edited by Judge

• 1 year later...