Forms for medicals

Gavin and Chantell

Hi

Can anyone tell me which medical forms I need to take with me to the pannel doctors,in order for me to have my medical done?

I am migrating from New Zealand to OZ.

Also,does my three year old son also need to have this done?

I am going across on a Regional Sponsored Migration Visa.

Any advice will be welcomed.

Sorry Gavin, I can't help much as we did our recent medicals for Australia in Pretoria. What I can assure you is that a child as young as 3 doesn't have to undergo blood tests or even a chest x-ray, and if he does need a medical it will not be painfull or stressfull for him in any way. My 9 year old only had to do a very basic vision test, and the doctor felt gently for possible swollen ankles and glands, weighed him, and that was that. It took 5 minutes. :ilikeit:

We just picked up a form at the doctor's, as they were accredited to do the medicals and knew what was required.

I think various types of visas require slightly different medical tests though, and your assessor will say exactly what should be done. I would say, phone the accredited doctor's office and ask them, if you can't ask your assessor directly.

All the best, Bronwyn

Sorry, these were the forms to use only when you're already in Aus..... :) If you apply from outside Australia, your case officer/agent will send/Email you the forms as well as the approved doctors to contact for an appointment. I will check my "archives" if I still have an Emailed copy if you wanted to check the format, but you can not go for your medicals before you get instruction from your case officer/agent. Maybe because it is NZ, it might not be the case, but is for RSA. Let me know if you want to see the form... :unsure: