Captain Fantastic

polly

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&am...25872329734A551

London - A Somerset teenager has changed his name to Captain Fantastic Faster Than Superman Spider-Man Batman Wolverine Hulk And The Flash Combined.

Music graduate George Garratt, 19, changed his name by deed poll online for £10, reports the Daily Telegraph.

Captain Fantastic said: "I wanted to be unique. I decided upon a theme of superheroes."

He joins a number of people with unusually long names, including Rhoshandiatellyneshiaunneveshenk Koyaanisquatsiuth Williams, a girl born in Texas in 1984.

The teenager, from Glastonbury, added that while he thought the new name was "crazy cool", his grandmother was no longer speaking to him. - Ananova.com

Thanks for the interesting post, saaustraliaforummember pollyfromvictoria withagreatsenseofhumour.

zorba

:ilikeit:

That was the best to me, gran won't speak to him any more :D

I wonder whats worse, my boys renaming themselves to something like that or my daughter choosing a name like Candy or Missy? :ilikeit::D Maybe I can put them in straight jackets from the time they turn 13? :ilikeit::P

And I worry about my kids getting tattoos or piercings! :ilikeit::P

Eva,

Piercings and tattoos are HUGE here. Almost everyone has them, some people are covered in tattoos or have multiple piercings. Well, that's here in Sydney anyway. And nobody bats an eyelid.

I have to remind myself to stop staring, but I'm sort of getting used to it now. And I'm not a prude, I have a piercing too.

zorba

:ilikeit:

Piercings and tattoos are HUGE here.

zorba

;)

I know they are! Friends of ours on the Gold Coast came over last year for Christmas and their 16 year old son brought his 16 year old girlfriend, face full of piercings - eyebrows, lips, nose.

I don't particularly like them, or tattoos - which are pretty big in South Africa too!