Low airfares for people migrating

Guest Bronwyn

Many forumites have used the flight booking services of IOM. They are based in Hatfield Pretoria, and their telephone number is (012) 342-2789. Contact person is Deeksha Bhoola, e-mail DBHOOLA@iom.int

I spoke to Deeksha on Friday 6 October and she assured me that although they don't advertise, she does not mind me passing on her details to other interested people.

Their organisation seems to be an international agency linked to the SA Government, which assists people with ONE-WAY fights to your country of migration. You will have to provide Deeksha with a copy of your Visa before she will confirm the tickets.

To Australia, they have an agreement with Qantas. We are flying in December and paid R6,500 per adult and R4,500 per child. Another bonus is the fact that you may take 40kg's of luggage instead of the usual 20 kgs.

Regards, Bronwyn :)

Hi Bronwyn,

Thanks for posting this - really useful. We are planning on getting to Oz via South Africa and were worried about getting tickets for December.

Do you know whether you can get a One-Way ticket if you are on a 457 visa or do you have to have PR? I know for UK you have to have a return ticket to your country of residence if you do not have residency in UK. We will be on 457 and so may have to get a return :)

Cheers

Sharksfan

Hi Sharksfan,

You can fly one-way on a 457. We did. IOM will get you tickets for this. They are absolute life savers!

Greetings,

Dreamy

Does anyone else think we should pin this for future forumites??? The airfare question keeps cropping up & really it's crazy to go the ordinary route if you qualify to use IOM. :holy:

Bronwyn

Edited by B H

Hi Bronwyn

The original thread on IOM flights has just been pinned in the General Immigration section.

Cheers

Thanks Dedrei - Pinning it will help others in future.

I think maybe you should change your heading a little though - We are going on a 163 Temporary business Visa, not PR or 457, and we qualified for the IOM tickets with no problem. I think the only criteria is that you must be migrating as it's a one-way flight only.

I didn't even open that thread previously, as I thought it didn't pertain to us... ;) I would hate others to make the same error.

Regards, Bronwyn