fumigate costs

Willem

Hi

Just want to know if anybody had some of there stuff fumigated in Aus, what was it? And the cost to fumigate it?

Like I have some tools that I want to put in the container but don’t know if I will get it clean.

The lady from Crown said that the TV’s will work in Aus as long as it’s a new type of TV, is this sales talk?

Thanks

Willem

For a moment there, looking at the title of your last post, I thought you were asking whether your TV would work after fumigating it??

Most TVs nowadays are made in Japan or Korea and are exported to 101 different countries around the world, so they're made to work with just a few minor tuning details in each country.

Australia operates on the PAL system, but uses sound on "B/G" instead of "I", as in a lot of places, so you just have to get the remote control and scroll through the different pictures and sounds systems that the TV has and get the best one for this part of the world.

By the way, don't bother fumigating your telly.

As ek reg onthou het ons $470 betaal om ons riempiesbank en riempiesstoel te laat skoonmaak in Brisbane voor ons dit kon kry. Hulle het ons wel 'n keuse gegee om die riempies te vernietig. In ag genome dat al twee ouer is as 100 jaar, was dit die moeite werd om die ekstra te betaal. Al my man se gereedskap het hy maar self skoongemaak maar dit wat vuil was het hulle in elk geval nie raakgesien nie.

We had a problem getting a signal on our RSA TV's but soon sorted the problem by routing it through a VCR - you set your TV on AV and change the channels on the VCR, not the TV. Once you are here, give me a shout and I can explain it in depth. All our RSA TV's work here - even ones we bought many years ago.

• 1 year later...
Hi

Just want to know if anybody had some of there stuff fumigated in Aus, what was it? And the cost to fumigate it?

Like I have some tools that I want to put in the container but don’t know if I will get it clean.

The lady from Crown said that the TV’s will work in Aus as long as it’s a new type of TV, is this sales talk?

Thanks

Willem

The TV will work as long as it has a menu function for changing between PAL I and B/G. Most TV's newer than 15 years can do this.

RSA has the sound 6 MHz from picture B/G is 5.5 MHz. So really old TVs and VCR's will not get picture and sound. Filters can be bought and changed but rather dont bother. Also here there is HD digital, so this is a reason to buy a TV here. :rolleyes:

Fumigation. Fumigate in South Africa and get a reciept from a company proving this. You dont want your container delayed waiting for fumigation here. it is also not cheap. The things that need fumigation are some woods, all baskets. We left the baskets in South Africa (hooray I hate them!). Lawnmowers, golf clubs shoes should be thoroughly cleaned. We brought lots of tools, all used for woodwork but no garden stuff. blew off as much dust as possible, then wiped everything down, even using earbuds to get everything spotless.

If they see wood powder coming out of wooden elephants and giraffes, your container will be fumigated at a high cost

As ek reg onthou het ons $470 betaal om ons riempiesbank en riempiesstoel te laat skoonmaak in Brisbane voor ons dit kon kry. Hulle het ons wel 'n keuse gegee om die riempies te vernietig. In ag genome dat al twee ouer is as 100 jaar, was dit die moeite werd om die ekstra te betaal. Al my man se gereedskap het hy maar self skoongemaak maar dit wat vuil was het hulle in elk geval nie raakgesien nie.

Hi Kalahari ons het 'n eetkamerstel met riempiesstoele. Die trek maatskappye het gese ons moet die riempies uithaal en weggooi, en dan nuwe riempies matte in sit in Aus. Verstaan ek jou reg, kan mens die stoele laat skoonmaak anderkant, en dan hoef 'n mens nie 'n nuwe mat in te sit nie?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Kalahari ons het 'n eetkamerstel met riempiesstoele. Die trek maatskappye het gese ons moet die riempies uithaal en weggooi, en dan nuwe riempies matte in sit in Aus. Verstaan ek jou reg, kan mens die stoele laat skoonmaak anderkant, en dan hoef 'n mens nie 'n nuwe mat in te sit nie?

The cheapest and easiest option is to have your entire container fumigated once it is packed, that should stop all problems as for TV's with older TV's you could buy an aussie video recorder and play the TV threough that then it worked, some of the newer TV's do work worst case scenarion you will need to buy a cheap VCR or DVD player.