Dagmoeder in die Noorde

Biltongboer

Does anyone have references for daycare - the ABC schools are too expensive, and we don't need the food, etc that they provide. We need a place for our 3 year old daughter - just in the mornings.

Dear Biltong Boer

Why dont you just try the play groups in your area for a few mornings a week?

Most of the community centers do play groups

Try this website

http://www.playgroupaustralia.com.au/wa/go...ind-a-playgroup

Alternativly, get you wife to take you 3 year old to Jungle Jims in Joondalup , they to a Moms and Kids session about 2 hours , they are fairly reasonable

and she can work off excess energy.

Hope you find something, I know exactly how your wife feels.

Good Luck

regards

Enrica

Her problem is that she really needs a few hours away from the kid. She just needs to be by herself once in a while. :whome:

Some lay groups allow that.

Its very difficult to find a "dag moeder" as such.

Perhaps explore the alternaive of an Au Pair

I know Altone Leisure Centre offers a creche facility for people using the gym, and I think other gyms might offer creche facilities as well.

http://altonepark.cityofswan.com/?doc_id=353

Otherwise I would suggest making friends with another SAHM who has kid/s the same age and take turns babysitting. Remember, there are lots of other moms in the same position here in Australia.

I really hope you find something that works!!

What about family daycare??? Its like a "dagmoeder"... funded mainly by the government, so you pay very little.

I have a friend here in Melb that runs one from her home and she has a few kids that are only there maybe twice a week, and some mornings only. So all depending on what you need... she has 6 kids in her care ranging from 6 months old to 5 years - and some days she only has one or 2 to look after!!!

Have a look here... i did a quick google search. Hope this can help you. Maybe contact them and see if and where they have openings!!!

http://www.careforkids.com.au/search/ccres...386&ctype=2

http://www.familydaycare.com.au/about_family_day_care.html#

Dont have an answer for you unfortunately, bu just wanted to say GOOD LUCK, Im sure one can get quite fed up with the kids at some stage if watching over them 24/7!

Just hang in there, Im sure you'll find something soon!

• 2 weeks later...

well, where is the noorde... we (ie our au pair) could probably help out if it was just for a few hours and if you're near by...

well, where is the noorde... we (ie our au pair) could probably help out if it was just for a few hours and if you're near by...

Thanks, but we actually want some small friends to play with her, not someone to watch over her. :(

I would also second the making friends with moms in the same situation. If you could find a couple of moms with kids the same ages, you could have a standing arrangement to meet at one of those indoor kids places like Go BBananas, Dinosaur Jim etc one day every week. They are all situated quite close to shopping centres, so 1 mom can babysit and the other/s can go and have a couple of hours alone. 3 moms means you get every second and third week free. There are tons of activities for the kids inside and three/four hours later they are run ragged just in time for a nap...haha ok I know that is wishful thinking, but I can dream right?

Candice

Ek voel jou pyn! My dogter is 4 en my seun is nou 1.

Ek kom werk toe om te kom rus.

:censored:

Elana

Thanks, but we actually want some small friends to play with her, not someone to watch over her. :ilikeit:

We have a 3 yr old, 4yr old and 6 yr old. 3 yr old is at home all week with the au pair, and the 4 yr old is only at kindy 2 days a week, so there would be someone to play with...

so where is the "noorde"?

Edited by Overtaker