From 457 to PR

Reinhardt & Christa

Hi all!

I suppose everything happens for a reason... If my wife and I made the decision to move to Aus a few months earlier I would have qualified for a PR visa without a problem, but now my age has counted against me and I need 5 points! (so little and yet so much! :unsure: )

My next plan is to go over on a 457 visa (asap, need to sell the house first). How easy / difficult will it be for me to get PR after having stayed and worked in Australia for 6 months to a year? Does the Australian work experience count at all? I am planing to further my studies there and know that an Australian degree will prove beneficial but it will just take some time to get a degree part time.

Any comments will be appreciated!

Hi There!

Due to my hubby's job not being on the skills list, we can only apply for residence in two years time. Our comapny will then sponsor us for PR. You can apply earlier if you have a skill in demand, and it is easier if you can get your company to sponsor you for that, or if you are willing to live in a regional area.

Greetings,

Dreamy

HI

not sure of all the facts but do know that if you have worked in Oz for langer than 6 months it is extra points :):) Not sure how many points though

Lindy-Lee

;)