From non-MODL to MODL

Octavius

Hi

Does anybody know how to change a 136 application. My skill was not on the MODL when I sent in in, but since the new list came out in September it is. Is there any way for me to change it, as this might speed up my application.

Cheers

Tj

Tjaart, as far as I know, I think you can withdraw the application and send in a new one all over again, but that will mean two application fees, as they are non-refundable. Also, you may have to do the skills assessment again of your one was done too long ago, or if the assessment body has changed (which happens more frequently than you would think).

If anyone else can shed more light, please do and please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I can make out from the DIMA website

Hi Tjaart,

I am sitting in almost the same position. They day after I received my skills assessment results, the new MODL came out with my occupation on it.

I don't think it's practical to start the whole process again from the start and wait for the skills assessment and resubmit the main application. Will take too long. In my case I will just write a cover letter to the case officer explaining the situatuion.

You can try to contact the department. There's a 'Changes of circumstances' form at: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1022.pdf

May be worth looking into...