Fully furnished house perth

odelia

Hi there

My husband arrives 15th January 2009 in Perth and the rest of us a week later. We would like to stay in Duncraig/carine area and will need to rent a furnished place before our stuff arrives. My question is it possible to make such a booking and pay via internet, because it seems they have "open houses" for these places too?? Will it be possible to rent in advance or must we be there in person?

thanks

Odelia

Hi

You can rent a furnished house......normally known as a holiday let.

Try the following websites

www.aussiemove.com

Good luck

Hi

You can rent a furnished house......normally known as a holiday let.

Try the following websites

www.aussiemove.com

Good luck

thx I have them on my list, will hopefully sort something out!

Hi there

My husband arrives 15th January 2009 in Perth and the rest of us a week later. We would like to stay in Duncraig/carine area and will need to rent a furnished place before our stuff arrives. My question is it possible to make such a booking and pay via internet, because it seems they have "open houses" for these places too?? Will it be possible to rent in advance or must we be there in person?

thanks

Odelia

Hi

We are also arriving in Perth in Jan. The holiday lets are quite busy this time of year as it is still school holiday. Aussiemove is good but also google - we got some good leads that weren't on Aussiemove.

Look forward to meeting you there!

D

Hi guys

found a furnished house across from Duncraig Primary School, have booked the house and enrolled our daughter to start year one and son on waiting list for kindy - huge weight of our shoulders!

Got the house on www.stayz.com.au

Now the next question how do i go about opening a post box from here?

Hi guys

found a furnished house across from Duncraig Primary School, have booked the house and enrolled our daughter to start year one and son on waiting list for kindy - huge weight of our shoulders!

Got the house on www.stayz.com.au

Now the next question how do i go about opening a post box from here?

Hi,

That sounds like the house we've rented across the road from the school in March and April this year. Great school with quite a number of Saffers there. You'll love the year one teacher. I've got twins in year one currently and they just love her.

On the mail box. You'll find that only businesses use mail boxed. The rest is all street deliveries with no worries. But you can hire one, just no need for it. Should you get a parcel, they'll keep it at your closest Aus Post for collection. But check on www.auspost.com.au how to get a box should you need one.

AA

Hi,

That sounds like the house we've rented across the road from the school in March and April this year. Great school with quite a number of Saffers there. You'll love the year one teacher. I've got twins in year one currently and they just love her.

On the mail box. You'll find that only businesses use mail boxed. The rest is all street deliveries with no worries. But you can hire one, just no need for it. Should you get a parcel, they'll keep it at your closest Aus Post for collection. But check on www.auspost.com.au how to get a box should you need one.

AA

thx a lot

yes I was impressed with the school!

did u have difficulty in finding a s more long term rental in the catchment area once you were there? I see u are in Carine - does that still qualify u for Duncraig Primary?

Hi,

Yes it wasn't easy finding a long term rental in Duncraig and we got the one in Carine (which is bordering Duncraig), but there're ways to give your application some priority.

1) Offer to pay $5pw more or

2) Offer to pay double the asking bond/deposit or

3) If you can afford it, offer to pay 6 months rent in advance for a 5% discount.

I found that the landlords want to ensure that they'll get their rent in and on time in trying to eliminate any defaulters. By doing this, it shows your ability to pay with any worries for them. The house in Carine was the 1ste one I've tried this with and it worked. The landlord even advised me that I don't have to pay the extra's I've suggested. Won't say it’s a guarantee but you need to be a step ahead of all the other 5+ applicants.

Don't be concerned about the catchment area. Once your kid is enrolled, they can't be kicked out. We've visited all 4 the primary schools in Duncraig. It was a difficult choice because they all seemed to be fabulous and the principals were all very friendly and helpful. They’ve all told us that kids in the catchment areas must get priority but it’s not a fixed rule that they can’t take kids from outside the area. They do keep reserve spots in every class for cases where people move midyear into the catchment area. But if they do have spare capacity, they will/must take your kids as the education department rules that every kid must attend school and they may not enforce a specific school on your kid. We’ve chosen Duncraig Primary due to the kids only having to pop across the road which they’ve enjoyed. We’ve advised the principal that we’ll be moving to Carine and once again he confirmed that our kids are welcome to stay on should that be our wish. I’m in fact 200m from Carine Primary which is also a great school, but my kids want to stay on at Duncraig Primary. They’ve already been disturbed by the move from SA and I can’t move them again so soon after just starting English education and move them away from their newly made friends. So by the way, none of our kid’s mates actually stay in the catchment area. That should give you peace of mind.

See ya soon…

Hi,

Yes it wasn't easy finding a long term rental in Duncraig and we got the one in Carine (which is bordering Duncraig), but there're ways to give your application some priority.

1) Offer to pay $5pw more or

2) Offer to pay double the asking bond/deposit or

3) If you can afford it, offer to pay 6 months rent in advance for a 5% discount.

I found that the landlords want to ensure that they'll get their rent in and on time in trying to eliminate any defaulters. By doing this, it shows your ability to pay with any worries for them. The house in Carine was the 1ste one I've tried this with and it worked. The landlord even advised me that I don't have to pay the extra's I've suggested. Won't say it’s a guarantee but you need to be a step ahead of all the other 5+ applicants.

Don't be concerned about the catchment area. Once your kid is enrolled, they can't be kicked out. We've visited all 4 the primary schools in Duncraig. It was a difficult choice because they all seemed to be fabulous and the principals were all very friendly and helpful. They’ve all told us that kids in the catchment areas must get priority but it’s not a fixed rule that they can’t take kids from outside the area. They do keep reserve spots in every class for cases where people move midyear into the catchment area. But if they do have spare capacity, they will/must take your kids as the education department rules that every kid must attend school and they may not enforce a specific school on your kid. We’ve chosen Duncraig Primary due to the kids only having to pop across the road which they’ve enjoyed. We’ve advised the principal that we’ll be moving to Carine and once again he confirmed that our kids are welcome to stay on should that be our wish. I’m in fact 200m from Carine Primary which is also a great school, but my kids want to stay on at Duncraig Primary. They’ve already been disturbed by the move from SA and I can’t move them again so soon after just starting English education and move them away from their newly made friends. So by the way, none of our kid’s mates actually stay in the catchment area. That should give you peace of mind.

See ya soon…

thanx AA

good advise!