Chocolate cake

Sharon

Hi

I have been using Ian Paarmans Moist Chocolate cake for a while now and am looking for a recipe to make it from scratch. I'm sure we won't be able to get Ina Paarmans in Aus or it will be too expensive. The recipe needs to contain oil and coffee as those are the key ingredients. The other ingredients are eggs, flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder but I need to know the quantities.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Sharon

I sometimes buy Bette Crockers Devils Food Chocolate Cake in a box and make that - it's to die for! I've hunted for months but not been able to find the recipe. The closest I can find to what you want is:

Coffee Chocolate Cake Recipe

INGREDIENTS

250gm Butter

1 cup Castor Sugar

4 Eggs

21/2cups Plain Flour

1/2cup Cocoa Powder

3tsp Baking Powder

3/4cup Strong brewed coffee

Milk

Vanilla extract

5-10gm Ground coffee

ICING

200gm Dark Chocolate

50gm Butter

50gm Almond slivers toasted (can be done in a hot oven.)

METHOD

Allow the butter to soften at room temperature. Sift together the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. Using an electric beater or a wooden spoon cream the butter to a shiny smooth consistency. Add the castor sugar and beat the nixture until it is pale and fluffy. Gradually add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition. Add half the flour mixture and gradualy add the brewed coffee to keep a soft mixture. Carefully fold in the rest of the flour and the rest of the brewed coffee and then milk to keep the mixture soft. The mixture is of right consistency when it drops from the spoon within 3 seconds. Place the mixture in a lined tin, sprinkle with the ground coffee and bake in a 190C oven for about 1 hour or until well risen and firm to touch. Can be checked with a skewer. When skewer comes out clean the cake is ready.

Allow cake to cool on rack.

Using a double saucepan break chocolate up and place in top saucepan with the butter. Allow to melt continually stiring so as not to overcook. When nice smooth consitency remove from stove and allow to cool.

When cool and thicker using a spatula coat entire cake. You can put rosettes with a piping bag and place coffee beans on top. Or just sprinkle with the toasted Almonds. Either way it is a treat.

Here is a recipe website for you, I have found some yummy things there!

http://allrecipes.com/

I always used to bake "Huisgenoot Wenresepte" (sorry, can't remember which volume) Sjokolade Olie koek...that's until I discovered Betty Crockers version in a box...YUM!!!!! This weekend I went to a delightful Christian Ladies Tea morning at church...and my friend introduced us all to a recipe for a choc cake in a mug recipe - ready in 5 min! Can't be a bad idea.In fact I think I'm due something sweet right about now! Let me know if you want the mug recipe too! :ilikeit:

I always used to bake "Huisgenoot Wenresepte" (sorry, can't remember which volume) Sjokolade Olie koek...that's until I discovered Betty Crockers version in a box...YUM!!!!! This weekend I went to a delightful Christian Ladies Tea morning at church...and my friend introduced us all to a recipe for a choc cake in a mug recipe - ready in 5 min! Can't be a bad idea.In fact I think I'm due something sweet right about now! Let me know if you want the mug recipe too! :ph34r:

Sounds like a great idea a quick and easy recipe please post it so we can all share.

thanks

Chocolate cupcake in a mug. (5 minutes )

In a mug:

4 Tablespoons cake flour

4 Tablespoons sugar

2 Tablespoons cocoa

1 Egg

3 Tablespoons milk

3 Tablespoons oil

Put mug in microwave for 3 mins at 1000 watts

Wait until it stops rising and sets in the mug

Tip contents out of mug onto saucer and enjoy!

I have made it and it works. For me, it isn't really sweet enough. If I do make it for the kids, I make chocolate icing to go on top.

• 1 month later...

Sjokoladekoek (met olie)

3 koppies koekmeel

20 ml bakpoeier

500ml suiker

5 ml koeksoda

80 ml kakaok

halftl sout

2 koppies kookwater

1 koppie olie

10ml vanieljegeursel

50ml asyn.

Metode:

Sif droë bestanddele saam. Meng die res vd bestanddele in 'n beker. Voeg by die droë bestanddele en meng alles goed saam. Bak ± 20 min op 180°C.

Ek neem aan mens kan seker die vanielje verminder en eksperimenteer deur koffie by te voeg. Dis 'n lekker klam koek, en raak ook nie vinnig oud nie. Nie dat dit gewoonlik kans kry om te verouder nie!

I used to make the chocolate cake you are asking about but I cant find my recipe book among all our boxes right now!! When we arrive in Sydney I will dig it out and post... if you still need it by then!

Thanks so much, I will appreciate it. I only need it for when we arrive in Aus and I can't buy the Ina Paarmens one anymore.

My cousin emigrated to Sydney on Friday and knows nobody. She is living in Castle Hill. Where are you living?

We arent there yet and no idea where we will live but we will be in Woollahra for the first 6 weeks. I think Castle Hill may be a bit too far out for us to look for a rental but we will see - the places are very nice there!

Where is your sister from in SA? Has she joined this site? It would really help to just get to know one or 2 people on here.

She lived in Westville in Dbn. She is on the forum but she doesn't go on much - not addicted like me! I'll PM you her email address if you like. She landed on Saturday and is so impressed so far. Her husband has been there since Sept so he's sorted out things like a rental etc for them. "Smartie" is also going to Sydney and she's on the forum a lot.

• 2 months later...
I used to make the chocolate cake you are asking about but I cant find my recipe book among all our boxes right now!! When we arrive in Sydney I will dig it out and post... if you still need it by then!

Hi Sanzoz

Did you ever find the recipe for chocolate cake with oil and coffee? Please post it if you can.

Thanks

Sharon

We arent there yet and no idea where we will live but we will be in Woollahra for the first 6 weeks. I think Castle Hill may be a bit too far out for us to look for a rental but we will see - the places are very nice there!

Where is your sister from in SA? Has she joined this site? It would really help to just get to know one or 2 people on here.

HI

There is quite a lot of saffers in the Hills. Magda Graaf is one of my friends who live there and she has a south african neighbour!! Sure she is on the forum otherwise pm me for her contact details.