Michelle: Op pad na Perth

Michelle

Hi All,

Love the new look of the site. I am currently still based in Pretoria for another 3.5 weeks. Will be joining hubby in Perth on 5 March and can't wait.

Welcome!! Glad you like the new forum. Good luck with all the final arrangements, I can imagine your excitement, wish it was me already. ;-)

Hi Michelle, you must be very excited! I visited Perth in December - a lovely place, not as hurried as Sydney (but you've been there for a visit too haven't you?) Anyway, good luck for what lies ahead!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you all know that I arrived safely and not a moment too soon!!!! You will not believe how many things went wrong during my last week in South Africa.

The first thing was a very close smash and grab attempt. I was not paying attention and looking the other way, when I turned my head this guy was looking into the car to see where my bag was and I had such a fright and screamed so loud that he ran away.

Then in the attempt to sell my car I had a fallout with one of the buyers who threatened to sue me and kept on calling and harrassing me to try and get my car at the cheapest possible price. I ended up leaving my farewell early to call a lawyer.

On the morning of the elections at 1 o clock I was woken by voices. When I got up I stepped in masses of water. We had a terrible storm and the stormwater drains could not handle the water flow. The whole house was under water and the wall at the back of the house collapsed. The same happened to our neighbours. There is a field and a road behind the house, the road is the one that leads to mamelodi. You can imagine how little we slept with having to carry around furniture to ensure that everything does not rot and off course with being so exposed due to having no back wall. The next day we had to hire a 24 hour guard and the first night the first guys came to have a look what they could scavenged but luckily ran away when they saw the guard. On my birthday, the day before I left, we spent the day cutting out carpets as they did not dry and started to smell terrible and of course the insurance had done nothing up to then.

You can not imagine how relieved I was to leave. I had almost no tears when saying goodbye at the airport. It is so good to be here at my new home and to be back with my husband. I suppose it helped that everything went wrong before I left as I had no time to dwell on the sad parts of leaving.

Hi Michelle

You have made it - the goodbyes have been said - now you can get on with your new life.

I see it is VERY hot in Perth at the moment but cooler weather is on the way

Your last week in Africa sounded horrific ,but as you say, it kept you occupied!

Hi Michelle

Wlcome to Australia , you can now look back and look at the whole experience as a part of your old life.

Hope you managed to sort everything out back in SA before you had to leave.

Take a few days to settle in and stop moving the furniture around B)

Hi Michelle

Welcome to Perth. B)

I hope you love it here, sure you will and have a fab time.

Lindy-Lee

:whome:

Michelle

Sorry to hear about all the bad things that happened but happy to hear that you are safe in Perth B)