My wife has now really overturned the applecart!!!

niemeerhier

I have reluctantly posted here several months ago. Never really believing that we were actually be getting the visa. My wife says I am such a pessimist, but I just tell her that one of the advantages of being a pessimist is that you can be glad whether you are wrong or right :blush: . So ok now I was wrong about this Visa, but because I have not really given this thing much serious consideration I have a hell of a lot of things to arrange in the next two months before I leave. Judging by the time my wife spent on these forums she is probably a regular here.

We got the 175 skilled independant visa so I still need to find a job. I do have money to get me through the first few months (although the latest stock market crash and plunging rand already reduced its value badly), but I would not "like" to burn to much of it so I would like to find a job as quickly as possible. I am a chemical engineer with more than 16 years experience and I also have some considerable IT skills on account of my wife and I having been the owners of a Computer Training Centre for many years now.

• If anyone can point me to a great starting point for job searches, I would appreciate it (I am still searching through the forums but I find it all a bit bewildering at the moment).

• If anyone knows where the Australian chemical industry hubs are located, I would appreciate this information.

• I will be leaving before my wife (leaving her with the delightfull task of finalizing the sale of our business, property and cars :holy:). I will however have to find some reasonably priced accomodation for myself for the first few weeks. My wife tells me Perth seems to be a good choice given the information she has on industrial activity in Oz :whome: .

MrMaritz,

Try Transpacific Refiners, the aylso have variuos subsidary companies like Nationwide oil. I have an email or website address somewhere, will look tomorrow when I'm at work.

I am a chemical engineer with more than 16 years experience and I also have some considerable IT skills on account of my wife and I having been the owners of a Computer Training Centre for many years now.

If anyone knows where the Australian chemical industry hubs are located, I would appreciate this information.

One of my friends in Joburg has a family member who works at Linc Energy I think (he's a chemical engineer)... http://www.lincenergy.com.au/. I think he used to work at Sasolburg before he moved to Linc, so worth checking it out. Then there's also Eastern Star Gas.

Maybe you already know about www.seek.com.au , but if not go check it out.

pieter

Edited by Overberger

I had to check the User name quickly, you could have been my husband. Yes, go ahead and apply(thinking we would not get in), next minute he is on a plane heading for Brisbane, complaining becuase we should have had a stopover in Perth because of all the people he knows there..

Had to share

Hallo Mr. Maritz

My husband currently works at an Ethanol plant, here in Dalby, and the reqruitment agency, Nizza (they also advertise on the forum) helped him with employment. They specialize in Engineering. I would recommend them. If they cant help you immediately, they would surely try their best.

Their site : http://www.nizza.com.au/people.php?officeI...1&pageid=29

Monica

Edited by Monica_v_R