hello everyone:)

astrid23

:ilikeit:

Good Morning,

I am new on the blog and I have just been browsing and getting a lot of helpful information from everyone and I have done quite a lot of research myself!!!

My name is Astrid and I am 23 years old and live in JHB. I have decided to move to Aus with my twin sister and possibly my boyfriend? We have never been to Aus, but believe it is where we are supposed to go? We were thinking of Sydney? We dont have much money so we are going to be doing the application without an agent and hopefully we will manage the whole process ourselves!!

I am really excited and determined to get over there for many reasons (too many to mention).

We are planning to get there by Jan 2010 as I have to finish my degree.

We are in a bit of a tricky situation as we have a degree (BscIT with finance) and we have been working for 2 years already in the IT field, we are also completing our Bcom Accounting (studying part-time) and will be finishing this one at the end of next year. I want to eventually want to become a CA but dont want to stay here for another 5 years before that becomes a reality :yawn:

We have thought of applying for the 175 independent visa as we have a year to wait and thought this would be the best visa to go over with. I am booking my IELTS tomorrow and plan on getting my degree recognised very soon (just getting all the information together).

I think this blog is great and everyone is really pleasant and very helpful. I am looking forward to chatting to you all and sharing the information I have with you. Wishing you all the best of luck with your applications :lol:

Welcome to the forum astrid23, thanks for the good wishes and same to you...

All the best with your application etc

Eva

Welcome to the BEST forum regarding your move to AUS.

You will find all the answers here and so much more. The people here are great.

All the best with your apps.

Hi Astrid

Firstly, welcome!!!

Here is some information that would be quite helpfull with your whole process. It is when applying for a Permanent Residency Visa.

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showtopic=9251

Good luck

Monica

Welcome astrid, well you made a good move already by finding this forum, you will find help and support here and a much needed laugh once in a while!

Welcome to the forum, Astrid. And good luck with your application. I hope you find all the information you need on this site. :ilikeit:

Hi astrid23

We are also going without an agent, so far the help has been amazing on this forum. So if you have questions just post.

Karina - happy to see new faces :ilikeit:

Hi Astrid,

In case you're wondering - you made the right decision!

My husband and I are also in the process of relocating. Also from JHB, Alberton and both 27 years old.

We are following the exact same route as you guys. Couldn't afford an agent, so we did everything ourselves and believe me it's not difficult, maybe a bit time consuming. But if both of you are excited about the move, then it becomes a hobby filling in forms at night with a glass of wine, discussing the possibilities on the other side. You will save a lot of money.

We went on a LSD trip in August this year - Brisbane and Perth. Stunning - very similar to South-Africa except for the fact that you feel free, there you can live your life to the fullest. It's a good idea to start with your degrees and the unabridged birth certificates.

Enjoy the excitement during the whole process!

Sybel

Hi Astrid,

Welcome! Good luck with the process

Jordy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Astrid,

Sydney is very old and full of history, much like Cape Town - I loved it. It is however very expensive to live in Sydney but the public transport (trains) are so excellent that you can work in Sydney and live somewhere like Paramatta or Blacktown which are much cheaper for accommodation.

Best of luck in your new adventure.

Cheers, V.