NELSON MANDELA ART

Griffcat

Hi just joined the Forum and we are moving to Perth from Durbs in 58 sleeps! We bought a series of Nelson Mandela prints awhile back and there was a whole lot of controvesy about some of the art which was thought to be fake? Which was then sorted out after many months of Court Cases - the outcome being that the series we bought is fortunately for real. Anyway it forced us to hang onto it and now we want to bring it over to Australia and maybe sell it there. Just wondered if anyone knew anything about it and whether it's worth the bother. Maybe we should just flog it here?

why dont you try ebay to get a sense of wether it would be worth it to keep or sell.. lots of buying/selling done on ebay here in Austrlia, peopel buy all sorts of things, its amazing, so you might decide to keep it anyway....it coudl be an heirloom for your family one day

I went to an exhibition of Nelson Mandela's prints at an art gallery in The Rocks in Sydney. From memory the price tags on the prints were several thousands of dollars - I think the money went to the Save the Children fund or something similar. As I recall there seemed to be lots of people going through the gallery, I think the Mandela name would always generate a lot of interest, no matter what country you are in.

Great, maybe it is worth hanging onto. It is bound to fetch more overseas and the ebay idea is good one. Will check it out.