In shock

Lisa S

Hi all

Well let me tell you a bit of background, we decided last year that we were going to apply for AUZ Actually decided 13 years ago but did not have the finances to get there). Junped on a plane in May 07 to Brisbane in a matter of 3 weeks, had people we knew there. Were there for 2 weeks and came home not too sure whether we wanted to go. Left if for a while. Then decided in November we were going. Started the process slowly. In February sent off all the paper work to the TRA. Received positive assement end of February. Applied for IELTS test end of July soonest. Waited. Did test and both passed. Application sent through begining of September. It was now official we were going. My husband and started having second thoughts on where to go, Perth or Brisbane. Decided to put a resume (Fitter & Turner) out on Monday this week just too see if we have any bites. We decided wherever we get a job offer we will go. Sent a resume to a job offer on this site. Guess what looking quite promising in Perth. Just waiting for some more details. Woops didnt think it would be this soon we expected to olny go end of next year. Its a bit scary how fast things can happen. The company are willing to sponsor on a 457 visa which means could be a matter of 2-3 months to get there. Obviously we have already applied for our PR so we wont be bound to a long term contract. Now Im scared!!! Need some information on Perth, not too sure where the company is or anything yet. Who has some good sites to look on?

Any help

Lisa :D

Hi,

I have a friend who came over on a 457 (fitter/turner) and the family got their PR after two years. He says the company treats him well but some of the Aussies don't like the Saffers, if you can ignore that aspect - go for the 457.

Ausraven

What is the companies name? Maybe my friends there know of them? Seems if you go you will be there same time as us.

H Lisa and welcome to the forum - Im also in Forest Hills !! Cant believe how many of us in the Highway area are leaving.

Good luck with all your plans.

sjoe thats good news! happy for you :D

well done

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like everything is going well with your emigration! Good for you! :D

Hope to see your posts coming from the other side soon.

Best of luck with it all,

Leigh

Be careful & do some homework. As far as I know if you apply for a 457 visa, it will cancel out your PR visa process. I'm not 100% sure but just check it out & see which way you want to go.

Good Luck with the process. Hope it all goes smoothly!

Hi

I dont want to sound like an old nag, but do your homework, especially regarding salary / overtime / vacation leave. I have heard so many horror stories wrt working visas, but then in the same breath, I have also heard wonderfull storys as well.

Monica

Hi Sandi

Thanx for your reply my agent said its fine to apply for a 457 the only problem is once we are granted our 175 visa we will have to leave Oz to acctivate it. Which means maybe going across to NZ for a few days.

Be careful & do some homework. As far as I know if you apply for a 457 visa, it will cancel out your PR visa process. I'm not 100% sure but just check it out & see which way you want to go.

Good Luck with the process. Hope it all goes smoothly!

Hi!

Check out this web page www.migration.wa.gov.au - it's got a lot of info! Best of luck.

Stacey

Hi

If you are not in a rush to go then why not wait for the PR visa to come through. There are so many 457 visas in Perth and I know it is easier to be on PR. You will have medicare, centrelink and a whole range of other things. We will also get a better salary if not on 457 and you don't want to start your experience in Aus negatively thinking that this is how things are when they are much different on PR. Just my thought. Use the time you have now to sell your house, organise containers etc and spend some time with family while waiting for PR. It's up to you though.