Ryk and Yo: Perth here we come!

Ryk and Yo

Hi all,

We have registered on the forum earlier this year but never really actually started communicating, well now is the time so HI THERE EVERYONE!

We have had a very stressfull time the past week! Decisions..decisions...

Had to make the BIG Decision on whether we should go or not? Hubby got a job offer last Friday, (457 Visa) we negotiated a bit and they send us a final offer on Thursday stating that they will provide some additional cover ($5000) to assist with the removal (I think it will cover a 20ft container, but still need to get quotes to determine what size container we will be using- we have a 3 bedroom house, so probably a 40ft will do- we want to buy and take over a trailer as well). Thursday night we went through everything and we decided to accept, we think it is quite an opportunity especially if a company is prepared to pay all these costs to get you there, or what do you think?

Friday I have resigned as I need to start focussing on sorting out the house getting everything cleaned up and ready to go in the container, we only have Oct and Nov. Dec we want to go on holiday with the family for old time sake and hopefully the visa will be ready in Jan to go.

It all felt like a dream, like I was sleepwalking! But now Im stressing about everything that should be done before we can start packing! Will we ever get through everything? I downloaded the '100 things to do before moving to OZ' and added a few things, I am currently standing on 168 things to do! Eish...nailbiting!

I have also made a list of stuff to buy before we go, and the list is getting long and costly…., but it seems like the majority feels it is better to buy in SA than in Oz? Please comment?

Anyways will keep you updated on our progress.

(Please provide us with your comments on some or all of the above.)

Looking forward to hear from you!

Regards Ryk & Yo!

Sjoe BAIE geluk julle!

Ons mik ook Perth (of naby Perth) se kant toe. Is albei in die Ing bedryf. Het jy toe moes assessment doen vir elekr ing of elektr technician? ek PM jou later as jy nie omgee nie...?

Baie sterkte met die trek/skoonmaak en dinge. Julle is baie gelukkig dat hulle trek en dinge ook sponsor, ons hoop maar as die tyd kom in 2009 dat ons ook so kan oorgaan.

Wat sê die familie oor al die planne?

groete

Well done! All the best with all the lists, ours have changed a number of times and will probably be making more lists in the next few weeks.

Hope all goes well from here.

Susan

Edited by Markus&Susan

Congrats! All the best with the plans and good luck with the sorting and clearing and cleaning!

Use the search button (top right in the grey line) and use it to find all the info you need, otherwise post questions!

Welcome to you both!

We are also off to Perth and hope to be there just before the new year. So, I am also working through the 100 points - but I haven't added any, it seemed more than enough things to do!

Happy packing!

Chez

Congrats that is GREAT!

Happy packing!

Nats

Congrats................ and good luck with all your plans for Perth.

Cheers

Enrica

Hi there!!

Congrats on the job - and welcome to Perth!!! Great place, and you'll be coming in summer: from what I hear:

Good luck with the heat and watch out for the flies... :-)

Let us know if you need help/advice with anything and the only advice we can give:

LISTS, LISTS, LISTS. It works.

Enjoy the madness!!!! Once in a lifetime!

Welcome to the forum.

Congrats on the job offer, life gets hectic from here on.

All the best with your plans.

Hi,

Congratulations. I believe you may only take any vehicle into australia if you have owned it for more than a year, so you may want to make sure before you go out and buy one

Halo daar.

Baie geluk en ek dink jul maak die regte skuif :)

Ons is self nou net so amper 2 jaar hier in Perth kan nie glo die tyd het so gevlieg nie.

Sterkte met jul planne vorentoe na Oz.

Geluk met julle werksaanbod! Hier is 'n antwoord vir elke vraag op die forum!

Sterkte

Hi,

I wanted to first say Congrats for the job offer. I must ask where you get the '100 things to do before moving to OZ' list, as I am feeling quite stressed about the move at the moment and any tips are welcome. Eek at 168 things to do though!! My list isn't quite that long yet, which makes me wonder if I am forgetting things. I've also heard some things are more expensive in Aus, so have bought us all some new bedding and will buy lots of new clothing in South Africa when we land there. Not sure if I should have waited till SA to buy the bedding too, but thought I'd rather do it here and send it in the boxes instead of in our suitcases. I've made myself quite paranoid about what can be taken and can't be and am obsessing about whether or not they are going to have a problem with my wooden photo frames and my wooden rhino statues. (Of all the things!)

Whereabouts in Perth are you planning to stay? We are headed to Perth ourselves in February and still haven't organised or decided finally which town we would like to be in. I'm currently making my "What needs to be organised in Perth" list and worrying about accomodation, a car, drivers licences, schools etc. I'm going to have to borrow someone else's nails to start chewing soon!

Let us know how you get on.

Good luck!

Edited by Kitten

See you all in Perth, we are leaving in January !

ABout those wooden photo frames... are they a problem?

See you all in Perth, we are leaving in January !

ABout those wooden photo frames... are they a problem?

Only if they are made from untreated wood :)

• 2 weeks later...
Sjoe BAIE geluk julle!

Ons mik ook Perth (of naby Perth) se kant toe. Is albei in die Ing bedryf. Het jy toe moes assessment doen vir elekr ing of elektr technician? ek PM jou later as jy nie omgee nie...?

Baie sterkte met die trek/skoonmaak en dinge. Julle is baie gelukkig dat hulle trek en dinge ook sponsor, ons hoop maar as die tyd kom in 2009 dat ons ook so kan oorgaan.

Wat sê die familie oor al die planne?

groete

HI, was v operasie bietjie lanklaas geskryf... Hubby het asessment gedoen ja maar dit was nog toe ons gedink het aan die PR roete, ek dink nie dis nodig vir 457 nie, hulle het dit nog nie gevra nie.

Groete

Yo

Hi there!!

Congrats on the job - and welcome to Perth!!! Great place, and you'll be coming in summer: from what I hear:

Good luck with the heat and watch out for the flies... :-)

Let us know if you need help/advice with anything and the only advice we can give:

LISTS, LISTS, LISTS. It works.

Enjoy the madness!!!! Once in a lifetime!

Thanx! Will do!

Hi,

I wanted to first say Congrats for the job offer. I must ask where you get the '100 things to do before moving to OZ' list, as I am feeling quite stressed about the move at the moment and any tips are welcome. Eek at 168 things to do though!! My list isn't quite that long yet, which makes me wonder if I am forgetting things. I've also heard some things are more expensive in Aus, so have bought us all some new bedding and will buy lots of new clothing in South Africa when we land there. Not sure if I should have waited till SA to buy the bedding too, but thought I'd rather do it here and send it in the boxes instead of in our suitcases. I've made myself quite paranoid about what can be taken and can't be and am obsessing about whether or not they are going to have a problem with my wooden photo frames and my wooden rhino statues. (Of all the things!)

Whereabouts in Perth are you planning to stay? We are headed to Perth ourselves in February and still haven't organised or decided finally which town we would like to be in. I'm currently making my "What needs to be organised in Perth" list and worrying about accomodation, a car, drivers licences, schools etc. I'm going to have to borrow someone else's nails to start chewing soon!

Let us know how you get on.

Good luck!

Hi!

You will find that list on the forum just do a search. The link: http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showt...p;hl=100+things

YEs I am also planning to do some major shopping before we go! and I agree people told me rather do the shopping sooner than later! We have no idea where we will be staying, we will see when we get there! Good luck with your planning although I would suggest you first start with your SA to do list, and leave the Oz to do list for later- you'll see theres lots to do before you can go!

Good luck

Yo!

HI GUYS!

The first step in the visa application process has been completed. The work has received approval from the department to sponsor us!

The next step now is for us to complete the visa application electronically.

Just a question, if we apply and upload all our info the weekend (thus say on 25 October) how long do you think we'll wait untill we get our 457 visa? How long have you waited? Please give me some dates - especially those of you who have applied/ received 457 visas recently.

Yo!

HI ,

My name is Fareda.My family will be leaving for Perth hopefully by the end of December 2008. I have enrolled my 3 daughters at Schools in Mount Lawley and hav been accepted. The eldest will be doing her grade 12. I hope it wont be too stressful for her. Guys, please inform me I can get the "100 things to do before moving to Oz"

Until later

We are leaving for Perth on the 27th November, just over a month. Our 457 timeline is below. All the best

Susan

We are leaving begining of January.

Once we had applied for 457 and english exam results were received it took 3 days.

HI GUYS!

The first step in the visa application process has been completed. The work has received approval from the department to sponsor us!

The next step now is for us to complete the visa application electronically.

Just a question, if we apply and upload all our info the weekend (thus say on 25 October) how long do you think we'll wait untill we get our 457 visa? How long have you waited? Please give me some dates - especially those of you who have applied/ received 457 visas recently.

Yo!

Hi

We are also heading for Perth from Pretoria in Jan. Our 457 took about 3 weeks after the medicals were in Sydney till we got the email that it was approved.

D