Is there a rubbish tip in Melbourne area

arno&caroline

I have just moved into our new house, but it will be a while before our furniture arrive and it is a bit empty. I accidentally mentioned it to someone at work and he promptly gave me some furniture that he was looking at throwing out anyway.

The dinning room table and chairs are not to bad, but the double bed that he gave with really only good for the rubbish heap, but I felt too bad to say no on the bad, but take the rest (the gift horse in the mouth thing)... but now I am stuck with a bed that I want to throw out, but feel too embarrassed :ph34r: to leave it on the pavement for rubbish collection (not even sure if they would have taking something that big). Is there a tip or rubbish heap somewhere in Melbourne (north east side if possible) where I can take it to? :)

Go to your local "municipailty's" site. They will have the address of the local dump for you. You will also be able to ge tthe date for the large rubbish removal there, but I think you might have missed it already.

Not sure whereabouts you are, but there is the Banyule Transfer Station - corner Waterdale Road and Banksia Street in Heidelberg (Melways 31F4). Telephone 9490 4222. Give them a call - some things you can dump there for free - for other stuff you will have to pay a minimal fee.

Try joining Freecycle.org. Its a Yahoo group where you can post things you want to get rid of.... you often see people asking for things like beds... so give it a bash before you go through all the trouble of taking it to a tip. If someone can pick it up, why not????

Look for Melbourne Freecycle when you get to the site!!

I have just moved into our new house, but it will be a while before our furniture arrive and it is a bit empty. I accidentally mentioned it to someone at work and he promptly gave me some furniture that he was looking at throwing out anyway.

The dinning room table and chairs are not to bad, but the double bed that he gave with really only good for the rubbish heap, but I felt too bad to say no on the bad, but take the rest (the gift horse in the mouth thing)... but now I am stuck with a bed that I want to throw out, but feel too embarrassed ;) to leave it on the pavement for rubbish collection (not even sure if they would have taking something that big). Is there a tip or rubbish heap somewhere in Melbourne (north east side if possible) where I can take it to? :ilikeit:

Try this Google search

Also try this link for Hard Rubbish Collection

This depends on your municipality, but there is at least once or twice a year a thing called hard waste rubbish collection. Basiclaly you dump all your old white goods/beds/chairs/tvs (things that dont work etc) out on your pavement and this is collected by the council at no charge.

Have a look for teh next one in your suburb

Rgds

Matman