Hi from Brisbane

SandyC

Hi all

I was looking for some info for friends coming to AUS when I came across this forum. Oh dear, I'm hooked! So good to read some of the posts and realise how far we've come. I can relate to so many of the emotions and experiences people are going through and I hope I can be of encouragement to some. :ilikeit:

I left from Botha's Hill KZN although we lived in Pretoria and I was born in CapeTown. We now live in Carindale (South East Brisbane), my hubby teaches at COCB http://www.brisbane.coc.edu.au/, my kids (nearly 13 and 15) attend the (wonderful!) school and I work there part time as well as running a business from home http://www.skydancers.com.au/. (I don't go to work in school holidays so from next week I won't have as much time to lurk around here. :blush:

What I don't know is how you guys keep up?? I skipped for a couple of days and there were 5 pages of new posts! Plus I'm a bit of a technodof so I haven't worked out how to search. I saw some posts on Carindale and wanted to add my 2c later, but when I search on Carindale they don't come up. :blush: (I eventually found the posts the long way) Any assistance would be appreciated.

All the best

Sandy

Oh dear, I'm hooked!

Hi Sandy,

Now youve done it!!!! Welcome to the forum!! Your 5 years of experience I am sure will be of benefit to many people here. :ilikeit:

If you can get the time, tell us about your experiences, how you coped, trials and tribulations, highs and lows e.t.c

The search function is pretty straight forward, just don't confuse it by adding multiple words, just enter a key word like the area you were searching for and you should get any thread that contains that word. I dont think the search feature is case sensitive? I could be wrong though...

Anyway what I do if I found a thread I like I add it to my explorer favourites for easy access later, maybe that will work for you also.

Welcome to the forum. Many of us are still on our way so it is great to be able to communicate with people who ar already there and can share their experiences. So we would be happy to here about your experiences.

Allison

Welcome to the forum. Many of us are still on our way so it is great to be able to communicate with people who ar already there and can share their experiences. So we would be happy to here about your experiences.

Allison

Welcome Sandy!

Looking forward to sharing your info and knowledge and stories.

keep well

karen

PS: How do we keep up? Easy, just spend lost of time on the forum!LOL

Welcome to this wornderful forum, Sandy. You'll end up totally addicted like the rest of us - it's the only way to keep up. We're moving to Brisbane so I'll be very interested on your posts and 5 years of knowledge. Have fun!

Sheila

Hi Sandy

Welcome to the forum....rather late than never :rolleyes:

I am sure you will be able to contribute , with all the expoerience that you have in Oz.

Cheers

Enrica

Thanks everyone. I'm sure you'll hear more from me.

Terence. H I worked out I was searching in the Google bar above instead of using the search function top right. :rolleyes: All good now.

New question though:

Am I able to join the ladies lounge? I get an error message when I try.

Cheers

Sandy

New question though:

Am I able to join the ladies lounge? I get an error message when I try.

Cheers

Sandy

You need to apply to the host. Send a PM to Riekie.

Howzit Sandy Welcome,

We will be leaving Waterfall KZN (around the corner) on the 24 November for Adelaide

Thanks Eva.

JustB that's next month! How awesome. All the best with the goodbyes. We have two sets of friends from that area coming to Brisbane in November. (It's called 'the silent invasion' :unsure:)

Hope you're very happy in Adelaide!

Hi Sandy,

I was so excited when I read your mail. We are moving to Brisbane at the end of the year. We have a 6yr old son, Michael, who will most probably attend COCB next year (still have to do the headmaster interview when we get there). On our scouting for possible suburbs we found Carindale to be at the top of our list. It was just great to read an email of a South African in Carindale and with links to COCB. Your positive comments on COCB just reinforced our decision to enroll Michael there.

Thanks!!

Manda

Welcome Sandy

Great to have you on the forum.

We oldtimers give the newbies hope. Yes we suffered, yes we missed South Africa, but we got through it AND we are actually happy.

True Qld Girl!

Manda, that's wonderful. There are so many SAs here we are not a novelty at all :) Carindale is a bit expensive but really fantastic. Feel free to contact me if you have questions and I'll try my best to assist or at least point you in the right direction.

Cheers

Sands

Hi all

I was looking for some info for friends coming to AUS when I came across this forum. Oh dear, I'm hooked! So good to read some of the posts and realise how far we've come. I can relate to so many of the emotions and experiences people are going through and I hope I can be of encouragement to some. :holy:

I left from Botha's Hill KZN although we lived in Pretoria and I was born in CapeTown. We now live in Carindale (South East Brisbane), my hubby teaches at COCB http://www.brisbane.coc.edu.au/, my kids (nearly 13 and 15) attend the (wonderful!) school and I work there part time as well as running a business from home http://www.skydancers.com.au/. (I don't go to work in school holidays so from next week I won't have as much time to lurk around here. :ilikeit:

What I don't know is how you guys keep up?? I skipped for a couple of days and there were 5 pages of new posts! Plus I'm a bit of a technodof so I haven't worked out how to search. I saw some posts on Carindale and wanted to add my 2c later, but when I search on Carindale they don't come up. :ilikeit: (I eventually found the posts the long way) Any assistance would be appreciated.

All the best

Sandy

Hi Sandy

I am so glad to see teachers on the other side. I am the main applicant - teaching. COCB looks like a great school - thanks for the link. Looking forward to hearing more from you