Atheism/evolution versus Christianity

Emille

This is the right threat for arguments about Atheism/evolution versus Christianity as the threat on 'Prophecies about South Africa' has gone oooooofffffffffffffff the topic.

Hah! :ilikeit: It really has...debates about God, vaccinations and evolution! But it has been a good debate I must say in all done in a mature manner.

Hah! :) It really has...debates about God, vaccinations and evolution! But it has been a good debate I must say in all done in a mature manner.

Well now it is dead. :( Pity. I was so hoping for a reply on the vaccinations issue. It started to look like Christians do not believe in vaccinations for their children. I might be wrong, but that is just the impression I got.

Hi Edwina

It is a huge generalisation to say that Christians do not believe in vaccinating kids. In fact there are many people of various religions or no religion who do not believe in giving their kids the vaccinations due to a ground swell movement in recent years which for various reasons has made it fashionable not to do so.

I am a Christian and have vaccinated my kids although I did ponder the raging debate on the matter at the time. Having said this I don't believe in flu vaccines because many people I know have been for the vaccination and they still get sick! Sounds like a bit of a profiteering racket to me that one does.

HI Emille,

I did not follow the other thread but I just want to correct you there, I am a christian and do believe in vaccinations. I do believe that God has given people talents to develop. You will either take it and do good or bad. And so people that invent things that help others I consider as being right. If it destroys then it is not.

So, you have made the wrong assumption. Not all Christians believe that vaccinations are wrong as all Christians do not have the same values, backgrounds, influences etc in their lives.

I think we must all be careful to generalise, this goes for, christians, non christians, pink, blue, green or white.

Take care

Tanja

Sorry to be the wet cloth - but I don't really see how anything will come of this other than getting a lot of people hot under the collar.

I doubt whether this topic will covert any Athiests to Christians for vice versa.

What it is going to do, will create a big barney. :unsure:

Gizmo

It would probably not, but I am tired of 'christian posts' being 'hi-jacked' by non-christians starting a 'fight'....

E

Please let me clarify:

Emille moving this post had nothing to do with the debate ending on the other topic. I highlighted to him from the beginning that he had missed the boat. The discussion had already ended. Both parties had made their points.

Emille, please dont reframe every view that is not yours as "picking a fight". I feel that i put my points acrossly eloquently without being personal. The whole world doesnt think alike and it is not healthy that you attempt to stifle discussions that are being run in a mature fashion. Should the issue of atheism arise on any thread - including so called christian threads - i WILL respond again. Perhaps you should deal with the people on this thread who discussed vaccination - after all according to the narrow parameters that your topic title has set - it doesnt fit here. You cant seriously believe that you can control where and what people say?

Furthermore, the prophecies thread had nothing in the title that indicated that only christians can respond - where did you get that idea?

Allison

AllisonW

I dont attempt to 'control' what is said. But if I want to talk about 'prophecies about South Africa'- I want to talk about 'prophecies about South Africa'- NOT Atheism, NOT Evolution, NOT vaccinations. Just like I dont want to talk about 'application related issues' under 'General' or 'General' issues under 'application related issues'.

Kind regards

Emille

Gizmo

It would probably not, but I am tired of 'christian posts' being 'hi-jacked' by non-christians starting a 'fight'....

E

It is an open forum Emille - any topic you put out there is going to get responses, and not all those responses are going to be in line with your way of thinking.

If I were to make a post, say about Evolution, I highly doubt that there would be no responses from Christians contesting it - the difference is that I would welcome all viewpoints, not refer it as 'hi-jacking' or 'starting a fight'.

Just because I am a Christian, doesn't mean I don't believe in evolution. If you don't believe in a topic, just leave it alone! Christians, like ALL normal people, are split in their view as much as everyone else. That is why there are so many different churches.

My word, I have never seen so many people attack others for their beliefs. What happened to live and let live? If it makes you insecure that someone believes differently to you, go for counselling. This is the last time I will be reading the spiritual section.

:lol:

AllisonW

I dont attempt to 'control' what is said. But if I want to talk about 'prophecies about South Africa'- I want to talk about 'prophecies about South Africa'- NOT Atheism, NOT Evolution, NOT vaccinations. Just like I dont want to talk about 'application related issues' under 'General' or 'General' issues under 'application related issues'.

Kind regards

Emille

Real life is not like that. When last have you chatted to a person and had one issue discussed and not discussed any related topics? Conversations flow, grow, change directions. The point is that they should be respectful. If they are respectful then they can go anywhere the collective wants them to.

I dont mean to offend but at the end of the day the expectation is unrealistic and many threads have evolved through discussions. You wont be able to manage it in the manner you wish.

Regards,

Allison

Edited by AllisonW

• 2 weeks later...

As some might surmise from my name,I have no religious beiefs-please understand. I mean organised religion. There is too much discord amongst religions and religious groups today and it is my feeling that in all this,we lose sight of the Godhead. I believe in one God over all mankind. As to debates about whether or not too make use of medicines or not, I feel that IF you believe God created man then it follows that all eventualities and discoveries proceed from that same God.Ergo,doctors and their progression are given to us by God a well as all that comes from them.

Debating whether or not to use what the Creator has giv en for the good of all humankind is,in my humble opinion, simply put,an insult

Remember that religion in its earliest form started around 300 000 BC.(Paleolithic era).Evolution of man has neccessitated an evolution of religion as well. The word "religion" is not a Christian word exclusively.It means "system of beliefs" which encompasses any and all belief systems.

So instead of debating things like vaccinations,focus on God, and the mercies He gives all of us,everyday.

I'm just not entirely sure what religious beliefs (or lack of them) has anything to do with emigrating.

Call me crazy :ilikeit:

Well Leigh, its important to some people that they have a spiritual home and that generally works better with like minded people as the value standards are similar or the same. I think then that is a pertinent topic,n'est pas