Adelaide - Picnic Botanic Gardens Mount Lofty

MannyT

Hi Guys/Hallo julle

I am helping Mark and Julie Stockhausen organise the South African get together at the Mount Lofty Botanic Gardens on Sunday, 19 October 2008.

Location and map available on Mark's initial post under the "Events" forum, or just Google Mount Lofty Garden. Map location: Lower entrance Lampert Road to Picadilly Road at the Aboretum (location 8), just below the dam wall.

We are thinking of providing beach balls, Frisbees etc for the kids to play with and to provide name tags for everybody. If you have any ideas of how we can make this function a great sucess and a memorable one, please let us know.

Almal is welkom. Young ,old, established Adelaideans, new arrivals from South Africa, Afrikaans speaking , English speaking, everybody is welcome. I understand that there are now about 6000 South Africans (and ex South Africans :blush: ) living in South Australia so lets see how many we can get to attend this function.

Geniet jou dag!

Manny

Edited by MannyT

Manny,

We are ariving in Adelaide on the 17th Oct and are very keen to join in but will have to see how we are feeling after 2 days of flying.

Kerryt

Manny,

We are ariving in Adelaide on the 17th Oct and are very keen to join in but will have to see how we are feeling after 2 days of flying.

Kerryt

Hi Kerry

Try and get there as it will provide you with a great opportunity to meet other South Africans living in and around Adelaide.

Let us know if you need transport as I am sure that someone living in your vicinity will gladly give you a lift.

Look forward to seeing you on 19 Ocober at the Mount Lofty Botanic Gardens. It is beautiful in the Adelaide Hills at this time of the year.

Enjoy!

Manny

Hi Kerry

Try and get there as it will provide you with a great opportunity to meet other South Africans living in and around Adelaide.

Let us know if you need transport as I am sure that someone living in your vicinity will gladly give you a lift.

Look forward to seeing you on 19 Ocober at the Mount Lofty Botanic Gardens. It is beautiful in the Adelaide Hills at this time of the year.

Enjoy!

Manny

Hi Manny

We hope this isn't the last of these events. We're only arriving on the 4th of November so unfortunately we'll miss out on this one. It definately sounds like fun, so the next one we'll be there.

Regards

Jakes and Nelia ;)

would you guys be able to create an event in facebook?

would you guys be able to create an event in facebook?

Hi Fred

Can you do that for us?

Thanks Fred.

Enjoy!

Manny

Hi

Thought that I would move this topic to the top of the "page" to remind you all that the get together/picnic for South Africans and ex South Africans living in and around Adelaide is on Sunday, 19 October 2008 at the Mount Lofty Botanic Gardens from 11:00 am till late...................................

Almal welkom! Everybody is welcome.

See you all there.......

Enjoy!

Manny.

I have advertised this get together to a few South Africans I know, not sure how many will attend. I'll see you on Sunday.

It would be a good idea if everyone puts on a sticker with their name...

I have advertised this get together to a few South Africans I know, not sure how many will attend. I'll see you on Sunday.

It would be a good idea if everyone puts on a sticker with their name...

Hi Renier

I will be supplying adhesive stickers and marking pens for the name tags. Sticker will display the participant's first name and their RSA location. I will also try and get some beach balls/frizbees etc for the younger kids to play with.

See you on Sunday. Lets hope that the weather is good.

Enjoy!

Manny

Manny!

Sunday's weather, courtesy of WeatherChannel, is "Mainly Fine" . . . a pleasant max. 24 degrees

. . . . should be a nice day for a get-together for all folk in Adelaide this weekend.

http://www.weatherchannel.com.au/Magic94sc...ay&State=SA

Manny!

Sunday's weather, courtesy of WeatherChannel, is "Mainly Fine" . . . a pleasant max. 24 degrees

. . . . should be a nice day for a get-together for all folk in Adelaide this weekend.

http://www.weatherchannel.com.au/Magic94sc...ay&State=SA

Dankie Meneer!

Ginnie is wondering if there is a barbeque on site, or do we just bring cold food?

Ginnie is wondering if there is a barbeque on site, or do we just bring cold food?

Sorry Bob there are no "braai' facilities at the Mount Lofty Botanic Gardens. We thought that we would keep it simple by picking a beautiful venue and having a "picnic" style gathering instead - so no burnt meat for lunch for you this Sunday :):lol::ilikeit:

Seeya!!

Manny

Edited by MannyT

Hi all

Looks like we may have to skip this. My son has his first baseball match and my daughter has to study for exams, my brother and family can't come and I'm not keen on being Billy no mates for the day.

:(

Hi all

Looks like we may have to skip this. My son has his first baseball match and my daughter has to study for exams, my brother and family can't come and I'm not keen on being Billy no mates for the day.

:(

Hi Annette

It is an all day affair- 10:30am to 5:00pm, so just pop in and have a drink with the masses......no worries mate,

Enjoy!

Manny

Hey people in Adelaide!!

Hope you enjoy your picnic today, this will be the last time you get to enjoy it without us!!!

Enjoy it,

red

Just want to say a big thanks to Mark & Julie for getting the event off the ground and also to Manny for helping to organise the show.

I reckon about fifty folk turned up, with some old faces and some brand new faces. The afternoon was a bit cool, but still enjoyable, especially with a few Carlton Cold stubbies that "disappeared" out of my young bloke's bar fridge :ph34r: