$120 000

Swayze1985

I would be interested in hearing from those already there but that is what my husband has been offered as his transfer package. From my calculations after tax you will most likely be getting out round about $6,800.

We have budgeted $2,000 for rent and about $1,000 for food a month, there are other extra that I have done research on that amount to roughly $1,000 but we do not plan to buy a car right away as he will be working in the city and hopefully I will get a job were I can use public transport.

I am sure that there are lots of other extra like Private Medical AID and insurance that I have not factored in but we are planning to send back $2,000 a month to try pay off our SA home as soon as possible (this will most likely be less depending on what hidden extras crop up)

We will be based in Sydney which I have heard is a very expensive city to live in but hopefully we will get by fine till I find a job.

Hope this helps a little.

- Sae

Sae is it just you and your husband? Even with 2 kids your grocery bill should only be about +/- $400 per fortnight

Yes it is just the two of us, what I did was take our current food shopping list (in SA) and looked online at Colmans and priced everything that we currently use (did not convert that to rands as I know it is just depressing - I am trying to look at it in terms of % of your salary).

We are both fairly fussy eaters and I know our food bill is higher than average in SA, so I realise that it will be higher than most budgets for Oz. I then added on $200 extra for the month just in case there were things that I had left off that we might need.

Maybe I have totally over budgeted and that would be great, having a few extra $ will go a long way I am sure.

- Sae

Based on 2008/2009 tax liability according to the ATO's personal income tax scales:

Annual Income $120,000

Tax on Income $34,000

Net Income $86,000 per annum

$7,167 per month

$1,654 per week

Regards

DdP

I have been using this file, we have only been in Aus for 6 weeks so most of the figures are based on estimates and Melbourne prices. We are a family of 4 with 2 kids - 4 and 6.

Aus_Tax.xls

I have been using this file, we have only been in Aus for 6 weeks so most of the figures are based on estimates and Melbourne prices. We are a family of 4 with 2 kids - 4 and 6.

Aus_Tax.xls

Hi, thanks for the spreadsheet, very useful, we have applied online and my husband is an accountant and thats about the salary we are looking for, also have 2 kids age 3 and 6 so the situation is quite similar. We are looking to probably go to Brisbane, are the food prices similar all over or do they vary?

Thanks

Nicola