Not too sure

Lisa S

Hello there

My husband and I went to Brisbane last year and loved it but we are not too sure where to go now. Firstly went to coffee club in Durbs last week and spoke to a few that are going to Perth and that made us think again. We have friends who just came back from Perth last week and said we would love it there they are leaving in the next couple of months.. We do regret not going there as it was one of our choices, but going last year, was a 3 week decision and no money so did not have the finances to travel. :ilikeit:

Can anybody give me some advice on where to go. Who has been to both cities and what was great about them. Choices, and its just the start. We were thinking about going to Perth for a few weeks when we get to Aus and then deciding from there were to live. Leaving container here until we decide. I have 2 kids but one will be finished school next year so he's no worry its just that my other son is 13 and will need to be put into school. So I think we need to decide from here so I can organise schools. Dont know what to do.

Can anyone help!!!!!

Lisa

Hi Lisa

My honest opinion? Go where you :

(1) Find work

(2) where you have friends.

A problem shared is a problem halved.

We immigrated with friends and it just made it more bearable. All in the same boat etc.

Good luck

Hi Lisa

Queensland girl is right. Friends are very NB when you first move. Both cities are popular with South Africans and have booming economies and heaps of jobs.

It's a big decision, but once you have made it, stick with it. Good luck.

Hi Lisa

I agree with the others but here's something else to consider: It's cheaper and a shorter flight to SA from Perth. If you have family in SA or plan to go back often, it could make a difference.

We live in Brisbane and love it but I've heard Perth is lovely too.

All the best with your decision.